We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad weather activities

Washington, DC
5 posts
Save Topic
bad weather activities

My brother and I will be in PV for a week starting next Tuesday (we're 21 and 25). I'm wondering what are some things to do if it happens to rain all week like weather.com says? Just looking for a things to possibly do that we woudln't normally think of. Thanks!

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad weather activities

Don a poncho and go on the zip line tour in the jungle! Heck I dunno, rent a car and drive?

14 more sleeps!!

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad weather activities

first it won't. The forcasts are never correct. had 1 week that was forcasted for cloud and rain last Nov. Not 1 day of it. If it does who cares. Go to a bar, eat the local food, read a book, make new friends. meet a new Lady, tons of things to do

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad weather activities

Weather.com doesn't say "rain all week", it says "Scattered T-Storms"

Which is closer to the truth, except they aren't scattered, they come late in the day, or night, after plenty of sun.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad weather activities

Just do the normal things... go to the beach, swimat your hotel pool, walk around downtown. No way is it going to pour rain 24/7 for your entire vacation. Most of the rains will likely be at night.

Not to mention, it is still HOT... I don't know about anyone else, but I just get wet, then I dry off, continuing about my business. Unless it is truly a downpour, then I duck into a bar and have a drink or three!

I guess you could always go to the movies.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad weather activities

Depending upon where you're staying, your hotel may have a bunch of activities. I know that the Riu Jalisco, where I stayed, broke out the blackjack tables and other games the one-and-only morning in rained during our two week stay.

The other thing to remember is that tropical rain is actually kinda nice - it's not the cold, miserable experience you're likely used to in DC. Tropical rain is more like being in a nice warm, al fresco, shower! If you do go out in the rain, just remember that white clothes can become see-through when wet................!!!!!

6. Re: bad weather activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:19