We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

I've been monitoring the price in the past two weeks and today it dropped drastically. When I questioned why the sales agent indicated about the huge retreat scheduled the week of September 30-Oct 6.

Is anybody else going around this time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

I just saw today on www.redtag.ca, a package from Toronto, Holiday Inn, All Inclusive (air, hotel, food + drinks) for $305.00 WOW WOW WOW (leaving Sept. 30).

There were other hotels too really cheap.

Wish I could I go, but kids back in school and no vacation left (but a great trip to Italy this summer instead of Mexico), oh well...

I haven't heard anything about the a Cdn FF retreat and my husband is with Toronto FD.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

Correction to my above post:

The $305.00 Holiday Inn AL Package is leaving August 30 not Sept. 30 (Sept. 28 the price is $437) - sorry about that!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
293 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

Hi,

I looked at this today too, sometimes we have our family book the trip just to get the cheap rate and then they stay with us. Remember though you have to add 278.00 tax from Toronto.

The Holiday Inn is a nice spot..again we have family that are firefighters

(Oshawa) and they don't now about the retreat.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

There is a post on the Nuevo Vallarta forum from "Chutneyman" that talks about a firefighter retreat. Not sure where he is from.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

Here's a link to the thread on the Nuevo Vallarta Forum which talks about a Firefighters Retreat

tripadvisor.com/…8474667

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

We have an annual group of firefighters and EMTs from B.C. who visit Royal de Cameron and Nuevo on a regular basis. The most active TA poster is Crashcode 56 who has made numerous postings over the last few years.Bucerias is lucky to have such a big group of EMt firefighters here at the same time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

I figured they must be from out west, either Alberta or BC - if they were from Ontario I definitely would have known about it.

Thanks for the info to all who replied.

Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

I questioned my travel agent today and she told me she booked airfare for 102 FF and they are going to RDC. I believe they will be staying for 4 days and then going to Holiday Inn.

My friends and I booked the trip with today to RDC.

Has this Resort changed any bit since summer of 2005?

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

Charlston. I think you are right most of the firefighter groups we have had are from the west coast. We got some good feedback on a couple of the various canopy tours they attended last year and we got some good advice from a safety perspective too. By the way Los Veranos canopy got the highest marks from their perspective. This year they will have to try the Outdoor Challenge too.

10. Re: Canadian Firefighter Retreat in October is this True?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 02:17