We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

Has anyone taken an ATV tour in Puerto Vallarta? I am looking for an adventurous one. We are all experienced riders. Also, a jungle tour. Thanks

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

The ATV tour we took was really a drive on the road, we did hit 1 bump, though. You may be best to avoid this one.

As far as the Jungle tours, there are a few options. Both are with Vallarta Adventures. http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/ If you want a nice ride on a Mercedes Jeep up some nice roads, take the Sierra Madres Tour. About 8 hours, through towns, farms, mountains, then lunch (open bar) at a private beach.

Another highly recommended Jungle Tour is "Outdoor Adventure Tour." Here you would take mules up a trail, hike and rappel, as well as a few nice zip lines in the canopies.

HAVE FUN!!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for the info. What was the name of that ATV tour, so that I can avoid that one.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

It was through Banderas Bay Tours. I don't remember the name of the ranch we went to but it is a family owned place.

At Vallarta Adventures, if you book 3 tours, you get a free one plus 15% off. They are incredible. Enjoy your trip!

By the way, let me know what you end up doing when you get back!

Salinas, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

I agree with the other posts. ALL of the ATV tours in PV are on dirt roads, once in a while you get a short trail. Not very extreme for advanced riders. It'sgood scenery and its nice to get up out of the city though.

Northern California
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

We did a three hour tour ( :^) ) with a company called ATV Jungle Trek Tours. We spent ~ 10 minutes on the PV town roads to get to the Rio Cuale and the rancho there.

We had one stop at a man-made cistern "waterfall" and bar. Then back on the road up the hill, where we had a Tequila Tasting and lunch. This was also the site for some of the Jungle Canopy Tour departures.

We spent ~ $75 each for the rental. It never reached more than 25 mph, but was fun - some water fording, some dirt roads, some good views.

-S

Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

Sorry to post so late. But the ATV tour (tequila tasting) the men took was in the Baucries (spelling) was great. The tour guide took them on an experienced route and they had a blast. They were soaked from the water and sand mud. The tour was 4 hours in length. They would do it again in a heart beat. Just tell the tour guide you are experienced riders and you are in for the ride. They were topped out at 30 mph plus.

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

We are holding our wedding in PV in December and the groom as well as about 6 others are rock crawlers and desert racers here in CA, they are looking for some of the same in PV. The last post did not have the company name, but sounds like what they are after, can you send me more info? Or if anyone else has any, I would love it, thanks!

8. Re: ATV Tours In Puerto Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 20:17