We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Just returned a few days ago from Golden Crown Paradise, my first visit to this resort. Before I forget, I need to thank everyone at Tripadvisor for their advice, opinions & expertise on everything from the resort to shopping, bars & restaurants. It sure makes a vacation soooo much easier than walking into anything blindly.

I will do a GCP trip report when I have more time....I have a tendency to be long winded.

Again, thanks so much!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

I'm going to GCP in 7 weeks (Jan3-10), it will be my first stay there and in PV. I can't believe all the wonderful reviews of this place! I can't wait to experience it myself!

estevan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Hi, we are leaving in a week and have been reading some really mixed reports on the GCP. Would you have time to let us know how the rooms and restaurants are??

Thanks so much!!!

Mott

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Just returned from 2 weeks at the end of October (10th time at the Golden). Always have had a great ocean view room. Restaurants are good too. Menus change daily. There is a new restaurant (Los Gallos) which had some realyy good stuff (melted cheese, seared tune and a great sea bass). ENJOY> Say hi to Aldo, Noe and Ramon for us.

estevan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Thanks for the information, it was helpful

Mott

wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

gcp 19th t0 26th first time from all the reports sounds wonderful.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

To Mott...Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I have been soo busy.

As a first timer to Golden Crown Paradise, I was very impressed. I thought the food in the buffet (at Crown Paradise) was better than most all inclusive resorts that I have been to. Also, the food at the specialty restaurants at Golden Crown was pretty good, as was the service. The waiters & waitresses are all very friendly and very eager to please.

I have heard some complaints about the rooms at GCP, but, I was very pleased with our room. Because of all the info from Tripadvisor before our trip, we did not purchase an oceanfront room at an additional charge. The experts on TA said that you will probably get an oceanfront anyway once you check in, and that is exactly what happened. The air conditioning worked well, the room was always clean and we received 2 bottles of water daily along with clean towels. The bathroom had a tub with shower and there is a blow dryer. Plenty of drawer and closet space, as well. The only thing that was a little weird about the bathroom in our room was that around 7AM every morning, there would be a sewer smell. It lasted for about an hour and then it was gone for the rest of the day. Other guests we spoke to at the resort didn't have this problem. We didn't complain as we were hardly ever in the room. Because it happend the same time every day, I just thought the resort was doing something to the water.

Don't forget to bring 1 or 2 pairs of long pants for men and a pair of closed toed shoes if you plan to eat at the specialty restaurants.

Hope I helped and let me know if you have any specific questions. I would be happy to help. I will try to do my review of the resort next week.

Have fun.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
486 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Deb

Did you ask for an upgrade or were you just offered it?

Thanks

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

SilverL,

They just gave us the oceanfront room. The only thing I DID ask upon arrival was if they could give us a room on the 4th floor or higher. I think all the rooms at the resort are at least oceanview.

We had to wait about 15 minutes for the room, but, being that we arrived at the resort around 12:30 in the afternoon, by the time we went to the pub bar and got a drink, they brought us up to the room.

A great start to a great vacation!

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
982 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

great story Debadeb, you were leaving when we were getting here... we were there the 17th - 24th... this was our 13th trip to this resort, and we have our 14th already scheduled for Feb 2008 for TWO weeks versus one... one is not long enough that is for sure... but i think spending Thanksgiving in Vallarta is so much better... i think we no have two annual trips to our home away from home... one week in November and Two weeks in February... and then again... who knows... may have to make it quarterly too... HA HA HA

KANSAS CITY
Level Contributor
484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Golden Crown Paradise. Thanks to all ..

Hey Tojol57...........was it wonderful? (probably a stupid question)

What were your thoughts on the new restaurant by Bella Vista? I haven't been there for the new place yet.......not till April.........but I know Senor bobo has already given it the thumbs up.