We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving directions to San Sebastian..

Philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
driving directions to San Sebastian..

Hi, will be back in PV in early Jan and will have a car this time so we are looking forward to some day trip. We've heard about San Sebastian and wonder best way to get there and things to be sure to see (without a tour)

thanks,

L

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

Take the turn off just north of the airport to Ixtapa. All the way straight to Las Palmas, note: a lot of 'topes' (speed Bumps) on this stretch and not always marked. Map here

http://vallartainfo.com/outerlimits.html

At Las Palmas the road starts climbing, you'll eventually cross the new bridge and then come to La Estacia, turn left here on the dirt road to San Sebastian.

Before the road reaches the plaza, you will pass the well know coffee plantation on your right. Down the side of the Presidencia (Town Hall) is my friend's restaurant 'Real y Minas', very, very good Italian food, the owner Walter is Italian and his beautiful wife Coco was born in San Sebastian.

Stop by the Hacienda Jalisco, by the airstrip, I'm sure the owner Bud will let you look around this historic building.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

lauriec,

Also, be sure to stop at "La Quinta," the local coffee plantation. He only averages about 3500 lbs per year. It is worth the drive alone.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

"'Real y Minas', very, very good Italian food"

We ate here in Oct 06, food was fantastic, my wife declared it the best meal of our two week trip.

We were with a party of ten, and everything was excellent, but the thin crust pizza was probably the best I've ever had. If you are going to San Sebastian don't miss it.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

That new bridge is crazy!! Make sure you stop your car at the end of it and walk onto the bridge and look down-way down! It's so high I thought I would pass out.

Philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

thanks all, sounds like a nice day trip - and coffee too! yeah!

L

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

yea the new bridge is a sight to see..... it´s immaculate! it made me dizzy standing near the edge..... enjoy the trip there, it´s amazing.....

Bloomington, MN
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

About how long does it take to get to San Sebastian? We've been thinking about taking a tour there, but if it isn't more than a couple hours we may wait until my sister and husband arrive and they can drive us.

Thanks.

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

Hi,

Depending on traffic and weather conditons, you can get to San Sebastion in under 2 hours. I just went there and the drive up was two hours and the drive back down was about 90 minutes. It is a nice place.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

just don´t miss that turn off. i went in september and we got stopped due to construction on the HWY so I got my hubby to ask how much farter away we were from San Sebastian and he replied ¨you already passed it! It´s about 15 minutes back¨. We were so far passed it we were practically in Mascota. The sign is sneaky... keep an eye out for it.

10. Re: driving directions to San Sebastian..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 17:21