We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amigo car rental

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
amigo car rental

Any comments on Amigo Car Rental? Right now I have a reservation with Thrifty but am thinking of switching to Amigo since their prices include all insurance.

ca
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: amigo car rental

do it!!! george and lucille are wonderful to work with. they will become your friends in pv. value and service without being hounded at the airport. we love renting with amigo. sherri

ca
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amigo car rental

do it!!! george and lucille are wonderful to work with. they will become your friends in pv. value and service without being hounded at the airport. we love renting with amigo. sherri

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amigo car rental

thanks!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
295 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amigo car rental

Better yet, look into Gecko Car Rental out of Bucerias. They will meet you at the airport and return you to the airport. Price includes insurance, unlimited mileage, and great service.

Denis and his coworker Adam are a wonderful source of information as well. Adam rents surf boards, and books tours at a discount.

Check them at www(dot)geckorentcar(dot) com

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amigo car rental

I bet Amigo is fine, we go with Gecko and second the opinion about the positive experience, service and the confidence we have in these folks.

Its good to have choices.

Seattle
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amigo car rental

AVOID THRIFTY! Please see my other post about my recent experience. I have never had a bad experience renting in PV before, other than the ever-present timeshare hawkers that seem to be part of the process. I've had several friends recommend Gecko and Amigo, but I've always thought before that it was easier dealing with an international firm. I learned my lesson, and I will try Gecko or Amigo next time around. Any questions about driving around in the area, I'd be happy to correspond.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: amigo car rental

I'm booking with Amigo. Gecko is apparently sold out when we're there (Mar 8-15). Amigo has been very pleasant to work with, other than a couple slow responses due to internet issues. Not a huge surprise when dealing with Mexico. Anyway, I'd be interested in any suggestions to day drives out of the Bucerias area. We're definitely going to take a day and go up to Sayulita and San Francisco. Should we continue to Rincon de Guayabitos. We are of the "off the beaten path" type of travelers.

8. Re: amigo car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 02:16