We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing ?????

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fairfax
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
fishing ?????

There will be 6 of us in P.V. Jan.22 thru Feb. 5th staying at the Melia. We plan to go fishing and would like to know if we should book in advance or go to the marina and book on site. Also is the marina walking distance from the Melia. Thanks for anyone who can provide us with info on this subject.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing ?????

Yes the Marina is in walking distance from the Melia, but the marina where the fishing boats live, Los Pienes, really isn't, see map:

http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html

Better to book in advance, I recommend Candace at fishingwithcarolina@hotmail.com

fairfax
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing ?????

thanks jr i checked out the site and will e-mail caroline, hope we catch the big one.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing ?????

went out on a 6 hour trip out of the marina with master baiters sports fishing check it out we had a great time i think the owners name is stan???

MIDWEST
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing ?????

In PV now. Any details on Master Baiter trip would be appreciated

Purcell, Missouri
Level Contributor
67 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing ?????

www.mbsportsfishing.com/our_boats/index.html

That 4 hour trip is pretty cheap I think...may use them in 4/08

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing ?????

what kind of fish are you after? for small game you can go inside the bay for big game you will be gone around 8 hours total and be out quite a way. go to the dock a day before around 2:30 and watch the boats come in, go with the hot boat and crew. keep in mind november is the best time for fishing but you should still do ok in jan.

tight lines

oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing ?????

Dear Cabo,

What do you mean by "hot boat and crew?" - v

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing ?????

Somebody who has had luck that day, ie: brought in a good catch.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing ?????

i usually look for 2 things when booking a charter

(a) fast boat

(b) good skipper and mate

if you do your homework and get these you have two thirds of the battle beat, the last one (c) = LUCK

tight lines

10. Re: fishing ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 01:18