We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Thank you in advance for any information provided!

My husband and I are going to be in PV staying at the GCP the 12-19th this month! We would love to go on a sunset cruise, do a canopy tour, snorkel and rent jet skis......should we purchase our tickets before we get there or just take care of it when we land?

Also, is there a good place to rent Jet Ski's??

Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Congrats on your trip and your stay at the GCP. I've stayed there 7 times now and wouldn't stay any where else. Personally I would wait and purchase my trips when I got there. That way if you decide you don't feel like doing something you won't feel obligated because you've already paid for it. Check out vallarta-adventures.com for things to do. Also vallartainfo.com. Have a great time.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,535 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

The only thing I might recommend you book in advance if you know which day you want to go and which tour you want, is the canopy tour. They are extremely popular and you usually cannot get a same day or day after booking if you wait. They sell out fast...even in the off season there is often a day's wait.

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

We have gone both routes in the past. No real downside either way in our opinion. Some "suppliers" of the tours offer a small discount to book online prior to arrival.

We probably do more booking now before we leave home than we did when we started going to PV.

Don't know about the jet ski's but Vallarta Adventures has been our major go to provider for the other types of excursions you describe.......there are others though. You will have a blast, enjoy !

Mentioned in this post
Vallarta Adventures
Vallarta Adventures
6,382 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
SoCal
Level Contributor
9,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Jet skis seem to be available on almost every beach where people want to rent them. I'm sure one of the GCP regulars will say for sure, but I would be very surprised if they were not available daily on the GCP beach.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Hey Emily, I would wait until you get there. We have stayed at the Golden and the Crown. Both times we booked with a guy by the name of Alex. He has a booth near the resort. He always gives us great prices. Better than we can get anywhere else. If gcpgal reads this she will give you exact directions on how to find him.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Well, I didn't do any advance purchases, hopefully I won't regret it! Usually this gives me flexibility on a day to day basis. I'll let you know, if you want, as I'm leaving tomorrow and return on the 10th. Wish me luck! I like to do all those things you described, but without breaking the budget hopefully.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Hey lasfloras there is also a spa behind the resort close to where Alex has his booth and we didn't have time to get massages last time but are planning on doing it in April when we go. Its $30 for a one hour massage!!!!! I've heard from people on this board that it is very good. Enjoy your stay at the gcp and have Aldo the bartender by the pool make you some great drinks! Drink one for all of us back home and we will be waiting to hear from you when you get back!

spokane wa
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Hi! do you know the name of the resort with the $30.00 massage? Going in March! Thanks, Quintanarou

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Don't remember the name but hopefuly all of the GCP experts will chime in hear. GCPGal can tell you exact directions on how to walk to the massage place if she reads this.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we Pre-purchase tickets for day trips?

Bump for gcpgal!