We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in PV?

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in PV?

Hi - we are looking for a great place to hold our wedding, and will be bringing about 150 friends and family with us. Any ideas? I am looking at the Marriott.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in PV?

'When' (month) are you planning to hold this wedding?

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in PV?

December 2008

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in PV?

Thanks ... that will be helpful to those who might be able to assist you.

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in PV?

Thanks for your help and anyone else. In doing research all the hotels seem to offer standard wedding food, like chicken/beef. I am looking for a place with a great setting, that can accomodate most/all of my guests (larger hotel) and flexibility in their services to offer a local flare/flavor to the dining options. Seems easy, but I am running into one wall after another.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in PV?

Try the Golden Crown Paradise, but I'm not sure if they can handle 150 folks.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in PV?

Hola Princess:)

Let me tell you fitst, Felicidades! Congratulations!

and that I can feel your pain! I recently got married here and I live here so I had a lot of info at my disposal and it was still a full time job getting it all together.

If I was to get married again (Never, I got the best guy around) I would hire a wedding planner.

My friend Zac, who is a planner/owner of EM Vallarta helped me out a lot (he did not do the planning but gave me some tips, etc.) and I would have hired him but because of budget and the fact I have three wedding planning friends here, I felt I could not hire one over the other anyway.

With that said, I can highly recommend Zac and his team. They do huge weddings like yours and major events and know where to host these events as well as all the other planning that comes with it.

So, if you get too confused and run into too many road blocks, I would consider putting it all in a professionals hands and sit back and relax and not become a nut-case like I became:)

A wedding planner is not cheap but they do save you a lot of money and a TON of stress and for your big day, it may be a small cost for a fantastic time and to be a lot less stressed.

Good luck and have a wonderful wedding!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in PV?

adventureweddingspv.com

i had 2 freinds from new york that came and got married there (las caletas) so they invited me to the wedding. AMAZING. Its the only private beach for weddings in all of PV and they (my friends Shiloh and Howard if you ask the adventure weddings people) told me it was cheaper than a hotel wedding....it was crazy though they had fully catered, open bar, fire dancers, dj boat transportation to and from the island for 100 people....I was in awe.

I think I remember the coordinators name being Nicole.

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in PV?

Thanks for the tips! I am so confused and each person I ask that would be invited has another opinion and I just need to pick and know that it will work out great. I am still open to all ideas, so please keep them coming and I will research the ideas already out there to see if they can work for us. Thank heaven for the internet!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,938 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in PV?

Another recommendation for EM Vallarta and Zac. I've seen his work and it's incredible.

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in PV?

Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about the Playa Fiesta Beach Club and Hotel?