We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

We are visiting from the Disney Magic in August and would like to have some recommendations on what we should see and not miss. Husband wants to do Zip line but I do not but we are in port from about 9.30 a.m. until 11.30 p.m. so have a bit of time.

The ship has some excursions such as Sierra mdre Hiking, Yalepa and Majahuitas and Marieta Island and wonder if these would be recommended or any alternatives we would be very pleased to learn about.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

I think you should plan on just wondering around downtown Vallarta for part of the time, but with a bit of advance planning. It´s only a 20 minute city bus trip (very cheap). Do some research on possible restaurants and cute little shops to frequent. There´s nothing wrong with the tours you´ve mentioned but they´re more or less out in the country. If you do the Zip Line tour Los Veranos, you could get off on the south side of town and start your in town itinerary there. The shops and restaurants are all in that area. Anyway, if you decide to do that, you´ll get lots of good specific advice from people on where to go. Just ask about shops, etc. on this forum. A cab ride back to the ship is only 15 minutes or so. Have fun planning!

England
Level Contributor
74 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

We do want to wander around town a bit as well and assume shops do not close early in the evening?

Thought perhaps we could do a trip in the morning and then do our own thing the rest of the day.

Perhaps I should send husband on the canopy adventure bit and shop myself that sounds like a good idea to me. Out of the trips offered by Disney would you recommend any as being better to do. Very fond of countryside and wildlife if that is a help.

Brenda

Purcell, Missouri
Level Contributor
67 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

Check this out for all your cruising answers and more...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

If you book your tours through the ship, you'll be paying a premium. Cheaper on shore, or even cheaper on-line.

5. Re: Recommendations for excursions from cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 11:17