We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,621 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Sweats, fuzzy things.

It WILL warm up. This is very unusual weather. And it's not that bad even right now if you think "spring" or "early fall".

It very much reminds me of August in cottage country in the north. It's hot in mid-day if the sun's out. And you can always go in the water if you're ok with the jolt of getting in. But early or late, I want my fuzzy sweat things.

We were at Mariscos Tinos two nights ago. There were lots of people there, having fun. But they were dressed for dinner at a hunting lodge (sweaters, windbreakers, sweats). Of course it's not that cold during the day, but, at night, right now, fuzzy cozy is the way to go.

My husband slept in his track suit last night.

It WILL change. But, if you can, be prepared.

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
839 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Oh,Oh,,, time to go through the suitcase again. Thanks Libby, I took too many summer clothes anyway and will replace them with a couple of warmer choices. Thanks for the notice as I leave Pearson tomorrow at 3:20 pm and land at 7:45 pm and cannot wait. Hate flying so am super hyper and not going to sleep tonite. Cath

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

LOL, I just gave someone this advice over on the Cabo board. It's cold here, too! I'll be in PV next month, hope it warms up.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,766 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Thanks carey, I have taken both types of clothes, warm and fuzzy and vacation summer, just in case....fingers and toes crossed it warms up.....least I think will be warmer than here in Chapala! I hope!!! Thanks again for the heads up.

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
982 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Thank Carey... we will be arriving in 3 weeks... we will try to close the Alberta Clipper door so that it doesn't dip down too far... LOL but tonight in Iowa we are to be zero or less and then tomorrow night 16 - 20 below F, with out the windchill... either way you look at it.... it is COLD up here so whatever is happening in Vallarta... it will feel warm to us... HA HA HA

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
943 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

It's about 0 degrees F right now. I was hoping for warmer weather in PV but I'll take what I can get. Going to the mall to pick up some new jeans and a new warmer windbreaker. Just ordered and received my new long sleeved terry cover up with a hood!!! There goes the cute summer outfits I had picked out. Ah heck I am packing it all!!!! Just when I promised the hubby lite packing this time!!!

Please warm up by next Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Thanks Libby Just what I wanted to know

fairfax
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

We arrive the 22nd and according to the weather I read hi's are 78-80 and lows 57-60 for the first week we are there. We've been going to Cancun for fifteen years and have been told of cold weather on these boards and took way too many clothes that we didn't wear. Please don't post anymore about it being cold or I dont think I'll be able to carry the luggage, (my wife is always very prepared lol). I guess if we are cold we can buy a sweatshirt at wallyworld.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Most of us folks from the "tundra" find anything above 68 to be pretty salubrious eh..

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Btw, I'll let you know when it warms up. Looks bright and sunny today so I'm crossing my fingers.

The only reason I posted that is because Greg's brother came to visit from Florida, relatively unprepared, and ended up getting a cold and cough. We had to go get him antibiotics.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for warm! But in the meantime, it's fine even as long as you're prepared.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
506 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: If you're coming soon, bring cozy clothes.

Morning Libby!

Hard to have a Happy Saturday when its -19 here,hard to believe everyones upset about the temp there..LOL..Have a great day!