We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krystal Vallarta Details

DC
1 post
Save Topic
Krystal Vallarta Details

Quick question: I am scheduled to go over spring break (late march) to the NH Krystal Vallarta in PV. My biggest concern about the hotel is the noise...

I've heard it's only 8am-8pm...but during the day is the noise outrageous such that when I am trying to lounge on the beach I will be disrupted by it? Taking into account the rate of the hotel (fairly cheap) and it seems that the hotel generally is good enough (if mediocre) is the noise so bad that I should switch hotels?

If I don't stay at the Krystal I plan on going to Las Palmas by the Sea...what would be the tradeoffs of switching to there?

Thanks everyone!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

I do not think the noise is that much of a problem. When on the beach the sound of the surf does an adequate job of masking most of the noise.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

This is a lovely place.

I live there.

If you want to believe a few vocal snarly compalainers. Be my guest.

You're missing a bet.

It doesn't matter to me.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
574 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

I don't know anything current about this resort, but I stayed there 17 years ago and I still have vivid memories of how beautiful it was. Very Mexican, lots of flowers and pools and gracious staff. Sorry no recent reports.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

Oh, and by the way, there has been ZERO noise here today.

And yesterday.

Unless you count the sound of the birds.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

Do they still do the Mexican Fiesta at the Krystal? Which night and what's the cost?

And isn't there a Japanese restaurant there or near there?

Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

Yes to both. Kamakura, Japanese, is there in the Krystal. And, we think, very good. I'm not sure what night(s) the Mexican Fiesta is but for sure they still do it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

Hi Evznston -

I was at the Krystal in December but as you know we were busy eating at El Colequita. I did pass the Japenese restaurant a few times thinking of trying it but it was empty. I did note on one night they have a two for one special (think it was Sunday - not sure) Read about the Fiesta before I came down but saw no advertising or notice of it anywhere in the Hotel. I assumed since staff seemed to be unaware of it that it was curtailed because of the construction.

Have you eaten at El Colequita since they reopened?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

destudent11,DC

You will definitly not hear the construction the beach - thats where I did all my reading.

I looked at the reviews of the Las Palmas and they were consistently really, really bad. So if your decision is based on either the Krystal or Las Palmas stay at the Krystal.

9. Re: Krystal Vallarta Details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 08:20