We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamakura vs Mikado

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kamakura vs Mikado

What has been the experience of some of you at the Kamakura restaurant. I see that careyeroslib says it's good and she lives in PV, so I tend to give that good credibility. But there was another posting that said it was always empty which made them cautious. Any other experiences?

We've eaten at the Mikado at the Mariott (several years ago) and loved it. Both the food and the ambience were great, but it is quite pricey. What I've seen as I google Mikado appears that it's a lot more expensive than Kamakura, although that may reflect an ala carte pricing structure rather than full meals.

How do they compare for food? for showmanship? for ambience?

We'll be staying at the Westin, so the Marriott is closer. On the other hand, the Krystal is right on the busline.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamakura vs Mikado

I forgot to check the notify me by Email box when I posted this. Sorry.

2. Re: Kamakura vs Mikado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 08:23