We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FM3 renewal?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
FM3 renewal?

Someone said that the renewal takes at least 3 weeks. Is that true?

Is the office still in the cruise ship area?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FM3 renewal?

Last time it took 10 days for me.

Yes the office is in the same place, across from the Marine Terminal.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FM3 renewal?

Yes, it's still there. We went last week and the lines are even longer than usual. If you need it back faster you need a reason (such as showing them airline tickets).

Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: FM3 renewal?

Is there anything in particular that I have to do to renew my FM3? I got it last year in PV, and need to renew. Are there any documents I need, or do I just go into the office by the marina?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FM3 renewal?

Every immigration office seems to vary in their requests (according to my experience in Acapulco and Queretaro) but one thing has remained a constant - the papers you need to RENEW a FM3 appear to be the same as those to get one in the first place! Sad but true (at least for me).

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FM3 renewal?

Renewal here in SMdA is simpler as the requirement for the US Consulate $350, peso Notarized financial letter went away last Apr just after my Mar renewal.

Thankfully, this Mar is the/my last before getting citizenship. Never understood why anyone would want an FM-2, lol.

Takes 10 days here.

M

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FM3 renewal?

Mikemo: Sadly, anyone who hasn't already started the process has to go through the FM-2 stage now.

As for renewal of the FM-3, you need the same stuff as the first time each time, except you don't need a new photo and fingerprints every year, just every time you get a new document (every 5 years).

Southern California
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: FM3 renewal?

What's an FM3???

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
953 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FM3 renewal?

We always take each of our last 3 months bank statements, copies of every page of our FM3's, copies of each page of our passports, our itinerary, and some copy of proof that we are owners in PV such as an electric bill or phone bill..... WE went through a lawyers office and it took only about 7 working days the last time. Sounds like things are busy at this time of the year.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FM3 renewal?

You don't need copies of your FM3 pages, since you hand it over to be renewed.

The utility bills are to show where you are living.

No 'itinerary' is needed.

3 months bank statements showing you have the required monthly income.

This is for a 'retirement' FM3 visa, a working FM3 visa is different.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
953 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FM3 renewal?

JR, We were told to bring a copy of our itinerary. We use a lawyer to go through getting ours done, and I had to walk back to our condo and get it last year. They were very impressed that we had copies of everything. My husband is very thorough. This may just apply to going through a lawyer to get this done.