We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling home TO a cell phone

Regina
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Calling home TO a cell phone

If I was to call my kids in Manitoba (from a pay phone) using my money in PV. And they only have cell phones, would it cost them money? Or just use up their minutes. Their cell phone provided is TELUS?

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

If you are calling and paying, my logic is that they will be affected only in their minutes usage.

M

Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

I think it will only cost them their minutes. Whenever I call home to a cell phone, it never charges the person's cell phone.

Regina
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

Please don't take offence to this but...any Canadians know more about this? Maybe the rules are different here in Canada (?).

Spain
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

Calliing your TELUS' customer service # will clear all your doubts.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

Hello!

I called my husbands phone, which is a telus cell.

I checked the bill, and even though the calls were short, his minutes were not used up.

My telus cell also worked there. However, we have a plan where my husband and I can call each other for free. I would contact Telus, seems to depend on the plan that you are using.

6. Re: Calling home TO a cell phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 14:19