We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food vendors

Illinois
Level Contributor
216 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
food vendors

We are staying at the Crown Paradise next month. Will we have any food vendors nearby? I've heard this is some of the best food to eat. Is it always safe to eat?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food vendors

Here's a great 'guide' to street-food, complete with what to look for, location info, maps, costs, etc.

vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

And 'yes', you can find some of the best food available in Vallarta at street-stands - inexpensive and very tasty!!

Not sure what you might find near where you are staying. I believe most of the stands are in the downtown and south side of the city.

Do partake, they're fun spots to eat!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food vendors

There is a guy who walked the beach in the afternoon last October with shrimp on a stick. It was 5 or 6 shrimp for 20 pesos, I think.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,192 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food vendors

<Is it always safe to eat?>

No guarantees. Some people never have problems with food in PV, other people do (whether from a restaurant or a street stand, doesn't matter). It's a roll of the dice imo.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: food vendors

here's a tip i got from Experienced travelers , take acidophilus, its helps kill bacteria in the stomach ..i never had any problems

5. Re: food vendors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 03:15