We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

eastern washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

Looking at packages for next week and prices for these seem comparable. Do they have beaches? Do they have balconies?

Are either of them newer or recently remodelled?

Thanks for any input.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

I can only comment on the Buenaventura. We are returning for a third visit Feb. 22. They just recently completed a major renovation (we feel it didnt need it though). Hotel is on the beach and within easy walking distance to downtown. Some rooms have balconies, some dont and some have a nice patio (obviously ground floor) There are several restaurants and bars, pools. Hotel is very clean and staff is friendly.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

And I can only comment on the Fiesta Americana. It is located in the old hotel zone, a considerably longer walk from downtown but very easy access via the public bus that stops right outside, a couple hundred meters from the Gigante shopping area, and on a good beach for the area. Rooms are very nice and almost all have large balconies directly overlooking the ocean – fantastic views (request a room 4th floor or higher to see over the trees). I think it would be rated maybe a star above the Buenaventura but the price too is higher. It is a good option.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

Buenaventura was wonderful -see my review, would pick it in a sec if it was available for us!

Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

Hey Mike.....

I can not comment on the Fiesta Americana....I do however really like the Beunaventura....The renovations are complete...and it was and awesome stay.....You can check out my review of it...

Hope you have a Great Trip which ever Hotel you choose...

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,129 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

buena besides being nice is sooo close to the malecon--we loved it

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
626 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

Stayed at Fiesta Americana last year and am returing in just a few days!!!! We really liked it. The lobby is a beautiful palapa with a little "stream" running through it. The pool area is very nice. We enjoyed the beach. The rooms were nice and clean and we liked our view of the pool and ocean. THe check in was slow and room not ready on time. No worries, we changed into swim wear and had margaritas by the pool. The food was fine for hotel food. We had nachos by the pool for lunch and bought pastries at the Gigante market across the street. We had dinner in town. The bus stops right in front of the hotel and the concierge was helpful t us in all ways. Never stayed at the Buenaventura.

7. Re: Fiesta Americna or Buenaventura - Thoughts Please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 02:17