We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a Canopy tour??

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What is a Canopy tour??

this may be a stupid question...

TX
Level Contributor
5,869 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

Basically, you're strapped into a harness and you go sailing thru a jungley area on a cable. Here's a link:

bestonpuertovallarta.com/tour/Tours…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

Also

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/much.htm

california
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

The El Eden canopy tour is the best

Rancho Palma De Real for horseback riding

Skip the day long boat trip with scuba diving...it's bad. The Rhythyms of the Night is excellent

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

Baja is right it is pretty simple. A lot safer than it sounds. You are always attached to a safety line and no danger of any problems. highly recommend doing this tour . I did it with Los veranos and loved it.

oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

We took the Los Veranos Canopy Tour and loved it! We went up with the first bus in the morning. The crew were so friendly and professional. There were 13 zip lines in all, I believe. The longest were 360 and 400 meters long and 150 meters above the river. It was spectacular!

The zip line adventure took most of the morning. Afterwards, we ate at the restaurant and explored the rest of the grounds, including the 'petting zoo' with the snakes, monkeys and marmosets. Then we stretched out in hammocks in the shade and read; I dozed off. Then we caught the last bus back to PV at about 3:30PM.

We had a great day.

Mentioned in this post
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
2,552 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

This Los Veranos Canopy tour interests me -- is this an orgaized tour where they pick you up at your hotel or do you take a public bus? Trivian mentions taking the first bus up there in the morning and the last bus back in the afternoon. Tell me more, please.

Mentioned in this post
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
2,552 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

They have their own busses and pick-up, every hour, at the south side office, Mismaloya and twice a day in Nuevo Vallarta.

You can choose which time bus to return on.

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

What aboaut the Marina? (That's where we are staying)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

Bus or taxi to the south side office.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is a Canopy tour??

You can stay at the restaurant and eat nachos, swim in the river, and play with the animals for hours if you want or you can take the first ride home, they leave every hour on the hour. I recommend taking the first or second tour of the day, regardless of the temp that jungle is very humid and I wouldn't want to be out there mid day because you can't drink a beer or margarita while on the tour. Depending on what kind of shape you are in there is actually a pretty good amount of uphill hiking especially on the first few lines. Nothing unbearable but good exercise for sure. I liked veranos so much it would be difficult to try a different one.