We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

ann arbor
Level Contributor
275 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

So I can get 2 bedroom at Palmar for 250 but found Los Tules ocean front for 350---is it worth the difference?---both seem to be near each other--looking for quiet place---Palmar seems more like a resort----Thanks you all are so helpful

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

I know owners at Los Tules and VDP...of the two I believe Los Tules is considered a bit quieter. I would imagine both have their quiet times but the LT reviews and the owners I know do comment about how peaceful and laid back the resort is.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
618 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

I would agree with Jenny, but you need to know which building you're in. Some of the buildings near the street can be quite noisy and there are a couple that back up to the Fiesta Americana and there can be some noisy evenings there.

Also, you shouldn't have a problem finding a chair by one of Los Tules 7 pools, but getting a chair at VDP can be a real problem.

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
849 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

Los Tules without a doubt. Quiet and relaxing is what it is all about there and ocean front for $100 more than VDP is a steal. The units are huge with large patios/decks. There's nothing wrong with VDP, it is also very nice, but it can be noisy and difficult to get a good spot at the pool or beach.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
685 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

Caution: Stay away from the Time Share people who operate "Royal Holiday" at this Resort. They lie and tell you anything just to get you to purchase.

It is a quiet Hotel, beautiful pools we stayed in a bldg. right off the Rest. So we didnt venture all the way to the other side of the Proptery. The pools we did see are kept nicely. Accross the street is a Mall. There is several places to get a cooked chicken that is so YUMMY. Be warned that they often sell out before 5pm!

There is also a place just across (inside the mall) that I think is called "Gordita's" EXELLENT food.

The bus stops just in front of the Hotel so its easy to get around.

ann arbor
Level Contributor
275 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

Thanks for all the replies I think I am going to go with Los Tules but I am confused about the different ways I see it listed---for example its referred to as the Mexican resort at Los Tules on Travelocity and then I have seen a couple of websites run by companies who seem to be cheaper---is there one building that the big sites rent out called Mexican resort and tho other time share units? Anybody know how this works?

Hilversum, The...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

Hi, Villas del Palmar is more of a resort, but you get the perks of restaurants better pools, weight room etc. I have stayed in both many times and Los TUles are personally owned and some of them are quite run down as it is old. SOme of them have been remodeled and are very nice, but many are still old and have the old, damp smell. However, it is more quiet.

Villas del palmar has a fun pool and a great restaurant for lunch on the beach and the advantage of hacing umbrellas and lounge chairs on the beach which los tules doesn't. The rooms supposedly have all been remodeled as well. One thing...they have rooms that are in the way back by the road, just make sure you don't get put back there. The rooms in front half of the complex are all quite nice.

ann arbor
Level Contributor
275 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

So now I am upset about booking at Los Tules----is it true there are no chairs or umbrellas on the beach? Is it possible to rent these?

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
618 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

The beach at Los Tules and VDP isn't great. You won't be spending much time at the beach at either of these resorts. If you want great beaches, you need to go further north to Nuevo Vallarta. But, then you'll miss the essence of Puerto Vallarta.

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
ann arbor
Level Contributor
275 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

So whats not great about them---the pictures seems to show wide beaches--is water too rough? I still wonder about the chairs?

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
849 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Tules vs Villa Del Palmar

I was just there in November and I know there are palapas on the beach but I don't remember whether there were lounges or not. I know they were there in previous years. Obviously you can tell I don't spend time on the beach -we usually hang out at our favorite pool on the days we stay around Los Tules.

The ocean can be rough at times and entry and exit can be tricky because it drops down quickly. As long as the red flags aren't out it is OK to go in and we have never had a problem.