We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Hi Everyone!

With all of the WONDERFUL help from you fellow TripAdvisors, I have been able to decide on a villa rental for my family in October.

I have decided on Casa Tres Angeles!

www.pvrpv.com/propertyDetails.php?id=475

It is in Amapas near Manuel M. Ponce. bzy1 helped me out and said it is in the Villa Tizoc building right on the main highway across from Villa Santa Barbara on the mountain side.

Any further advice or feedback before I send the deposit would be much appreciated.

How far is it to the beach (Playa Amapas); and is the walk easy enough?

What is the immediate surrounding area like?

Any specific info on the actual rental?

Thanks again!

~Tara

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

You said in another post you were thinking about October for this place?

I looked at it for another trip and noted it does not have A/C. In October for sleeping at night, you or your family members may probably want A/C to help cut the humidity.

It's a lovely property, but just thought this would be an important FYI before you reserve it! (-:

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

PVJennybean,

Thank you so much for the advice. We are planning to be in PV from October 25th to November 1st (last week of Ocober). Do you think we will still NEED a/c...even at night?

Thanks again,

Tara

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

We seldom use the AC at night in late October, but the times we have needed it, sure is nice to have.

And it is nice to have if you want a nap on a hot afternoon.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,043 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Depending on where the bedrooms are situated in this unit you may or may not get a lot of air circulation, so the A/C is a nice option to have.

I agree, even if I don't use the A/C all the time it's nice to know it's there if I need it. And in October you never know when the humidity will break - could be early October, could be not until sometime in November like last year.

Mother Nature is the unknown variable here.

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Thanks everyone. If it were just my husband and I we would go for it without the a/c, but since my parents and siblings are going too...now, I don't know what to do :)?!?!

~Tara

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,043 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Still lots of great places around, keep looking and you'll find something. (-:

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Hello again,

Ok, I informed my parents about the lack of A/C at Casa Tres Angeles and they feel that it would be too uncomfortable for them in October. My husband and I (who have lived in New Orleans and Texas) wouldn't mind so much, but....

Ugh, so, I'm searching again, and I did find a gorgeous place via Applegate Realtors called Villa Veranda. You can take a look here:

applegaterentals.com/rm/listings/l0036.html

It's a bit more than we were looking to spend, but it does look worth every penny.

Does anyone happen to know anything about this particular rental? It is in Upper Conchas Chinas, will we be able to walk down to the beach? Can we walk to town? We do like to walk, especially if it's scenic.

Well, thanks again everyone. I hope that I can find something soon ;).

~Tara

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,236 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

Unfortunately, you really can't walk downtown from Upper Conchas Chinas. It'd be fine with a rental car though.

It sounds as if you really need something easily walkable to the beach and downtown. If you can't find a Villa, I'd consider two condos in the same building, right close to Los Muertos beach.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,043 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

If you want walkable to the beach, opt for lower Conchas Chinas as opposed to upper. As noted, much easier to walk to everything (Conchas Chinas is VERY hilly).

Tara - PM me again with your price points and required amenities, maybe I can help you a little further...steer you in a direction at least so you're not casting such a wide net. Would be happy to help. (-:

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Tres Angeles ---- Last Minute Feedback/Advice?

careyeroslib--

Thanks for the advice! Wouldn't it be possible to take a taxi or bus from Upper Conchas Chinas instead of renting a car? We would go for 2 condos in Old Town, but we do want a private pool...and, I just can't seem to find any that all of us agree on ;).

PVJennybean--

Good to know about Upper vs. Lower Conchas Chinas!

----------------------------------------------------

I also want to say that I emailed the owner of Casa Tres Angeles (the one I was almost about to book) saying that we wouldn't be able to rent his place due to the lack of A/C, and he wrote back saying that indeed they installed A/C last summer!!! We would just have to pay for our electrical usage for the A/C. So, I think we're going to go with that one.

I just wanted to ask you all what you thought of the immediate area and how easy it is to access Playa Amapas from that property? Accoridng to bzy1, it is on the mountain side of Carretera A Barra de Navidad across from the Santa Barbara condo.

Could it be that my search is finally over ;) ?!

~Tara