We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Does anyone know anything about the new Dreams Villa Magna? Location? appears to be Nuevo Vallarta?

Is it new construction or existing? Scheduled to open when? Any pictures? We were goung to book Dreams PV in October, but Dreams website says Villa Magna opens mid 2008 so we migth wait for it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

My understanding is that it is New and is actually situated in Riviera Nayarit--which is about 20-30min drive past Nuevo--per an email that I got yesterday from Dreams

Iberostar is building a new one in the Playa Mita area of Nayarit (to open by Dec31)and my hunch is that the new Dreams might also be near there-just a hunch

You can bring up a map of Nayarit by googling Nayarit and on it it shows Punta Mita (my hunch is that "Playa" Mita is part of the Punta Mita area

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

thanks for the info.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Here's a site:

rivieranayarit.com/site/…

USA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

The new Villa Magna Dreams hotel is under construction now and is about one mile north of Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta and 2 blocks north of the Grand Velas Suites and Spa Resort. It is scheduled for completion this fall. It is a part of the www.villa-magna.com luxury condominium complex that has been built over the last 3 years. The builder has sold most of the condos in the first 3 buildings and is completing the final bldg as a 224 room five star hotel. You can also rent condos at Villa Magna right now from private owners, for an example see www.vrbo.com/121839

winnipeg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

The new Villa Magna Dreams hotel is under construction now and is about one mile north of Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta and 2 blocks north of the Grand Velas Suites and Spa Resort.

The above 2 resorts Paradise Village & Grand Velas Suites are they between Bucerias and PV?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

PV Destination expert:

Any idea whether the Dreams Villamagna is on schedule to open in Oct. 2008?

What about the Riu Palace Pacifico?

Did it open this summer as expected?

Are these 2 close to the Marival?

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Yes, Nuevo Vallarta is in between PV and Bucerias.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Here's a map of Nuevo Vallarta

http://vallartainfo.com/nuevo.html

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

Hopefullgreat, The new Dreams is opening beginning of November.

Modesto CA
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: questions about new Dreams Villa Magna

I am booked at the dreams PV from Nov. 12-16th and had wanted to leave the option open as time got closer to change hotels to the new dreams so I call about once a month to see the scheduled opening date of the hotel and when I called last week they said December of 2008. I have decided that I won't change even if it is open in November only because staying at a brand new resort is like going to a new resturant. The staff doesnt have the kinks worked out yet and usually aren't in a good groove. The reason Dreams PV is so nice is because they have been going strong for so long and seem to have a fairly good system. Just my opinion but like I said I was told Dec. 2008. Good luck!