We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malecon - Where is it?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Malecon - Where is it?

We have always stayed out in Nuevo Vallarta when visiting the PV area. We are now going to stay at Dreams in November. Have been reading alot about the Malecon and it sounds like a great place. How far is it from Dreams? Where exactly is it located? Is there anything that we must do while at the Malecon?

Thanks

Chris

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

It's the sea-side walk, promenade, and boardwalk that now really extends all the way from (just across the street from) the Rosita Hotel (its northern end), to La Palapa Restaurant, on Los Muertos beach (its southern end). Thus, almost the full lengths of the downtown (El Centro), and south sides of the city.

You can see the start here, then scroll down for the next map to see the rest --

vallartainfo.com/downtown.html

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

It a must see on the evenings on the weekend especially Sunday. All the local vendors, food and entertainment. Lots of fun and a great way to see the people of Vallarta.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

The Malecon has most activities on the weekends, Sunday night has always been my favorite night...but any night is a great time to be on the Malecon to smell, watch, eat, and touch!

NJ
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

Sounds great. Can anyone give me an idea how far it is from Dreams? What is the best way to get there?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

You can catch a local bus just outside of your resort, which will take you into the south side -- about a 10 minute 'fun' ride, and fare of 6 pesos/person.

The bus stops at the corner of Constitucion & Basilio Badillo (you can find/see that location indicated in the map of the south side, it's in the link I provided earlier).

From there, it's just a short walk west (= towards the water) on B. Badillo to the main drag of Olas Altas, a right turn there, and then it's north to the downtown portion of the Malecon.

Or a boring taxi ride all the way!!

Good luck!!

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,756 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

A number of years ago, I stayed at a hotel that was a few blocks south of the end of the Malecon and I went there every evening for ice cream or another kind of snack. It's an environment where local families, young couples holding hands and tourists can all congregate at any time of the day.

Oklahoma
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

Are there any resorts within walking distance of the Malecon?

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

Buenaventura & Villa Premiere are the two hotels I would call "resorts" that are closest walking distance to the Malecon (which is basically along the seawall in El Centro, the downtown area).

Any hotels in Zona Romantica/South-side are also easy walking distance, but those are not "resorts" just nice hotels - both along the beach and inland in the neighborhood.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

Why do you say Sunday night is the best night to go to the Malecon?

I am traveling there at the end of April and starting to look closer for things to go.

Thanks!

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malecon - Where is it?

The Malecon is a must see! Between the sculptures, the sand sculptures, the food, the vendor stands etc it is really the heart of PV - you can catch a taxi from The Dream for $5USD!