We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scrapbooking???

Purcell, Missouri
Level Contributor
67 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Scrapbooking???

Wife is looking for a store in PV to stock up on vacation-related paper and embellishments for scrapbooking while we are there. Does anyone know if a store exists in PV?

Go Cats

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scrapbooking???

Scrapbooking is not the "thing" here. I have never seen a store here that specializes in scrapbooking. Office Depot and Walmart have a small selection- same things you find in the US and Canada, but minimal.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scrapbooking???

You could improvise by looking for various colored papers, Mexican themed gift wrap, supplies from the stationery/office supply store, upstairs at Rizo's in school supplies, and fabric stores (ribbon, glitter, sequins), Lotteria cards, postcards, etc.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scrapbooking???

We have a whole 8 foot table in our dining room overflowing with my wife's scrapbook supplies. I go to PV to get away from scrapbooking. :)

I will say the scrapbooks she has made of our PV trips and those of foreign exchange students we have hosted have a lot of country specific decor and embellishments. Plus she gets a lot of "souveneirs" (menus, receipts, money, coins) that seem to make it on the pages. Regarding the country specific decor, she shops at one of the larger scrapbook supply outlets near us that carries that type of stock.

4. Re: Scrapbooking???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 22:19