We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

Tucson, Az
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

Okay all you experts, I need you help once again. Where is the best place in your room to leave a daily tip for your maid? Also, is there a phrase in Spanish that you can write down so they know it is for them? Thanks in advance

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

If you are in a hotel room (as opposed to a condo), we leave it on the pillow - in a condo, maybe the kitchen counter??

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

I too leave it on the pillow with a note saying Gracias!

Have a good trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
391 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

I ask the front desk for an envelope and I write Propina on the envelope and leave it on the dresser when I leave the room. If I happen to see her cleaning the room then I also hand her something then. I like to hand her something during my stay and at the end of my trip. That usually guarantees me good service.

Tucson, Az
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

We will be staying at the Melia @ the Marina.

Tucson, Az
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

What does Propina mean?

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

If you are in a hotel room (as opposed to a condo), we leave it on the pillow - in a condo, maybe the kitchen counter??

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

Propina means tip in Spanish

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

I leave it on the unmade bed each morning. I usually leave a note only on the first day & simply write "muchas gracias" on a little slip of paper.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

We always leave something on the pillow, with a little note in Spanish. If you have trouble with Spanish, or other languages, try this web site for easy translations,

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/

Hope this helps.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to leave daily tip for Maid.

We use Hotel maids at our Condo in Vallarta (which is in a resort) and I leave my tip on the pillow. Always.

I never leave a note unless I have instructions. You can say "Muchas Gracias" if you want but it isn't necessary. They assume you're grateful because you've left a monetary tip.

Not all camaristas (maids) can read very wel still (although with education thankfully this is changing) so, "short and sweet", is what I say. If I'm really grateful or we've been messy I silently leave a bigger tip.