We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeans in August ??

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jeans in August ??

Is it too hot to wear jeans in August when going to Malecon at night ?

Thanks

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeans in August ??

Yes!!! Especially August!! I never even bring jeans with me when I go every year in November!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeans in August ??

This is an interesting question. People who are used to hot climates could indeed wear jeans in August (such as many Mexicans). However, being from BC--or anywhere in Canada or the northern US-- you would probably be too hot.

I'm from Ontario and, when we're in Mexico in the summer, I wear my summer wardrobe of light cottons. Even many synthetics just don't breathe enough to be comfortable, and even some cottons are just too heavy.

In the winter, jeans on the Malecon in the evening are perfect. In the summer, something much cooler (a light dress, cotton capris, etc.) would be better.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeans in August ??

I quit packing long pants of any kind after our third trip, they never got worn. Have only packed shorts the last six trips, and those were in May and October, surely doubt I would wear anything else in August. My wife who chills easily wears capris on the travel days in case the plane is cold, but it is shorts or a light dress once we are there.

texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeans in August ??

I totally agree with Teduarado regarding jeans. I am a female and the only way that I would wear jeans in Aug. is on the plane on the way down there because the planes get very cold at times. that way you would have a pair of jeans incase you wanted to go horse back riding (note: to keep from getting saddle sores from an all day ride) Like the others said, shorts or capris are the way to go it saves packing space and is much cooler to wear especially during the day time. Night time dress depends on where you plan to go. I take nice short sets or nice sun dresses. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe we will see you in PV since we plan to be there the first week of Aug. Have a Great Trip....

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeans in August ??

Ok, just remember, if you ever want to look indigenous (as a male), wear long pants with a cell phone and tape measure around your belt. As a female (middle aged): skirt or pants.

Jsut kidding.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeans in August ??

Tasia,

I wear jeans in the summer sometimes (I did today) but I am pretty used to the weather. I would only wear the jeans and maybe wear them again if you were going on a canopy tour or horseback riding. It is quite humid in August so you may be pretty uncomfortable in jeans.

Skirts, skorts, sundresses and capris and shorts will be the best for bottoms. Pack a light cardigan than matches many outfits for sinners in restaurants with A/C or if you go on the Rhythm's of the Night tour.(and on the plane) BRRRR:)

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeans in August ??

I'm with bzy1-- pack for heat and bring a little sweater for that rare over-air conditioned place (like the plane). I actuallly bring a little blankie on planes now because after living her my blood runs like water.

I used to be the most cold blooded person I knew but Jeans would kill me this time of year butI'm pretty acclimated to the heat -- maybe someone really chilly could do it -- but not me. Wear them on the plane and then save them for going home.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeans in August ??

Ooops...LOL "for sinners in restaurants"... jeez...DINNERS in restaurants! (Boy I wish we could edit posts;)

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeans in August ??

Thanks everyone for your replies.

My jeans will be left at home. Nothing like being too hot with jeans on, thats for sure.

Thx