We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoologico de Vallarta?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Zoologico de Vallarta?

Can anyone tell me anything about this zoo in Mismaloya? We always visit the local zoo when we're traveling stateside but know nothing about zoos outside the U.S.

walnut creek
Level Contributor
446 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

It's a small interesting zoo with many native animals set in a jungle setting. Be forewarned, though, it's nothing like the big US zoos if that is what you are looking for.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
934 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

I just returned from Dreams.

My sister and I went to the zoo you are referring to. It was a nice zoo and you can see they are trying to improve it. The animals looked well fed. I think some of the pens and cages were a little small. For $5.00 you can buy a very large bag of food to feed the animals. Carrots, grain, animal cookies etc. on the bag they tell you what animal can have what. I think you can get a little to close to some of the animals. (black jaguar for one) I could of put my hand on him. It is worth going to. After going to Sigfrid and Roys secret garden last month it was not the same.

chicago
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

there website:

http://www.zoologicodevallarta.com/zooi.html

the guadalajara zoo is pretty impressive and in the city. they also offer a jungle safari which is pretty nice. entry for all activities is $70 pesos.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

We visited the zoo in 2007 and enjoyed it very much. This trip we encountered people who went and while enjoying it they were definitely bitten by bugs. I would suggest taking some bug repellent just to be on the safe side. It is definitely worth the trip.

mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

i love this place its like a paradise

www.zoologicodevallarta.com

6. Re: Zoologico de Vallarta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 22:17