We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Already feeling the let down!

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Already feeling the let down!

So I woke up this morning thinking, oh boy only 18 more days till we're at Dreams Puerto Vallarta! Then I thought, boy the time is going to go so fast while we are there. I'm already feeling the let down from being back from Puerto Vallarta before we even get there. Does anyone else get this way? I love planning for a vacation, especially to PV, going on this board and reading all the post and all of the anticipation that goes with vacation planning. I'm so afraid that next year the prices for the airlines are going to be so high we won't be able to afford a vacation to PV next year. So, am I sick with the PV fever already?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Already feeling the let down!

Live in the moment. Take each day one at a time and don't worry about coming home before you are even there. Relax and enjoy each day in PV and maybe next year you will win the lottery and can take all of us to PV. ENJOY>

Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Already feeling the let down!

yep, before I go I am wanting to plan my return. With the whole airline thing, we booked our next April trip a couple of weeks ago. it was 100.00 more than feb. when payed 360.00 2 weeks ago I booked at $445.00 and is already $550.00 this week! I wish I could swing it to stay on a whole month!!! or 2 or 3 :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Already feeling the let down!

I've been in love with Puerto Vallarta for many years now. And yes I literally have tears in my eyes in the taxi on the way back to the airport at the end of each and every trip. I'm single and self-supporting, so can comfort myself by knowing I'll be back within the year at most. And eventually be able to stay for longer periods of time, if I ever get retired some day.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Already feeling the let down!

i just came back 4 days ago. can i tell you how i am hurting!!!!!!! miss pv so much. it is such a relaxing place with warm people.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Already feeling the let down!

I've been back for ten days. It's a cold, wet 39 degree day. Ah, to be walking on Los Muertos Beach.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Already feeling the let down!

lvmykids, i know what you mean. i went for the first time last oct-nov and all i can think about is going back this november, as you know pv weather sure does beat northern california weather in november. i look forward to youre post of dreams when you get back, iam soooooooo hooked on dreams!!!!!!!!!!! dave

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Already feeling the let down!

Hi Dave! I sent you a pm, hope you don't mind. Looks like we are neighbors!,

Jan

TX
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Already feeling the let down!

I absolutely know how you feel! Although I've not been to PV yet (our first visit is coming up this August), we've been to Cabo many times and while I don't start dreading the return TOO badly before the trip even starts, when I'm down to just a couple of days left "in paradise", I start to get really bummed out. I hate that this happens, and that I must constantly REMIND myself to live in the moment and enjoy every one (you'd think that would come naturally, but to some of us it just doesn't!) -- but when you've looked forward to something for so long and you know it's ending soon, well ... it's just the pits! The ONLY way to combat this, I've found, is to start planning our NEXT trip almost as soon as the plane touches down that brings us back home. That way, I've always got something in the works to look forward to. Something to live for, as they say.

:-)

odessa
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Already feeling the let down!

Ok help!! I just got back from pv 2 days ago was I in the wrong area or what?? To me the water was nasty dirty. I guess Ive only been to Cancun area jamaica and I wasnt use to the way the water looked. we stayed at the RiU in nayrit People were so nice to us But just coudnot not get into the beach We went into the town of PV and Bucerious and ate at a lot of nice restuarnts but it was so DRY in the area is it normally this dry?? Dont get me wrong we did have a blast but it dry dead trees and bushes. did I go to the wrong places or am I just spoiled with the Carribean??

TX
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Already feeling the let down!

Oh - meant to say that I DO hear ya on dreading the airfare for next year too. We've made a deposit on a condo in Cabo for January, but I haven't yet bought tickets because I know we SHOULD take the money we'll be spending on that trip and apply it to bills and/or projects around the house that need doing -- but I just can't bring myself to NOT think about going somewhere after the PV trip! I really need to just go ahead and buy those airline tickets. That way, the deal is done. No looking back -- just looking forward to something fun.