We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

We are headed to Nuevo Vallarta this weekend. The weather forecast says that there are T-storms there right now. How bad are they? Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,937 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

I just looked at the webcam - no rain in PV right now I can see. Looks maybe slightly overcast, but no rain.

Use the search feature at the top to find plenty of very useful threads with info on this particular topic.

(btw, there is a specific forum for Nuevo Vallarta as well, so you might want to post this there...?)

NJ
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Can you give me the link to the WebCam. Where exactly does it broadcast from?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,937 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

The one I check is from Vallarta Shores, on Los Muertos beach.

www.vallartatoday.com/webcam/cam.asp

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,937 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Again, if you use the search feature above and plug in your specific request, you're going to find tons of useful links and information from previous threads on these topics.

I can't recommend it enough.

puerto vallarta
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Last weekend we have a lot of rain as consequence of a big tropical storm.

Yesterday we don´t have rain and for today and tomorrow there not forecasted big rains.

We have "La niña" phenomenon situation during this summer, it´s bring less rain days but strongest tropical storms. Usually tropical storms have 3/4 days of rain.

Mornings are usually sunny and evenings are cloud.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

The rain on Saturday had absolutely nothing to do with a tropical storm, it was just a more severe version of our usual summer downpour.

La Niña ceased some months ago and has no effect at present.

It could rain today, or not, there's no way to predict that at all, a far too localized situation.

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Thank you for your input. When there are T-shorms, how bad are they? Should I cancell my trip? We are arriving on the 23rd and leaving on the 28th?

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Do NOT cancel your trip! Even if the forecast calls for rain, I don't think it will dampen your good time enough to warrent cancelling.

A rainy day in Mexico is still better than a sunny day at work. :-)

Relax, go, and have a great time!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Over 350,000 people live in and around the bay- we all survive the rain and in fact LOVE it! I pray for a good T-storm on most days, they are spectacular and nothing to worry about. They usually happen late afternoon- evening or sometimes late at night. Most days are sunny, we typically have over 300 days of sun per year.

enjoy!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,937 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: T-storms in Nuevo Vallarta

Olena, rain in Puerto Vallarta is nothing like rain where you live.

I would never cancel a vacation for rain. That would be like me saying "should I cancel my trip to San Francisco? I hear it rains there sometimes" - I doubt you'd tell anyone to cancel a trip to your hometown for rain, right?

In fact, it's likely to be so warm and humid during the day you'll be PRAYING for the rain to cool things down.