We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

Can anyone tell me how long a drive it is from the airport to the condos playas gemelas? We arrive around 2pm on a Saturday during the "low" season. Also, are there any grocery stores around there or do we need to stop in town somewhere?

Thanks!!

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

should take about 30-45 mins depending on traffic.

Girasol Sur Gemelas has a small store on site that carries a limited selection, enough to get by until you can grocery shop. There are no other grocery stores nearby. The on site restaurant is not bad for b,l and d.

Portland, Oregon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

I'm headed to Playas Gelemas tomorrow morning 10/2/08 from Seattle but have been staying there on and off for years so do know a bit about it. It's about a 1/2 hour drive from the airport. If you're taking a taxi, it costs about $30 and you will want to go to the taxi booth at the airport - don't let the indipendent taxi guys who accost you at the airport rip you off! The taxi booth will give you the best rate and you pay in advance, then can tip the driver if you choose to.

You can have the taxi driver stop at WalMart or Gigante on the way in PV to buy groceries. I take whatever I think I'll want for breakfast and then take the bus into town the second day to buy food, then taxi home. For the first dinner there I always go to La Palapa at the end of the beach, which is a great little place to eat at the end of our beach that's right on the water. You're going to love it!

Via con Dios! Pamela

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

Mega store, just before the Sheraton would be a better stop for groceries, it's on the same side of the street on the way south.

BTW Gigante is no more, it's Soriana now.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

"La Palapa at the end of the beach, which is a great little place to eat at the end of our beach.."

"at the end of our beach" -- the La Palapa Restaurant is located in the south side, on Playa Los Muertos.

I'm a bit confused - isn't Playa Gemalas located on the south shore, i.e., down Mismaloya way?

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

The restaurant at the Girasol is sometimes referred to as La Palapa.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

Ouch ... thanks for that!!!

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

Good food, good service, and a great way to spend part of the day at Playa Los Gemelas while getting use of a washroom. I can taste the Camarones Cardinale.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

we stay at Playa Gemelas every Christmas/New Years; the tienda next door at Girasol Sur usually has fresh bolillos every morning; on site La Palapa restaurant has decent food for the days you just can't be bothered to go into town.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

I'm resurrecting this post as it definitely a place of interest for another/next? year.

Foryou folks such as Claymore + HomeinLangley, can you tell me what units you rent and how you get in touch with the owners?

I've seen two studios o the 5th floor that look good. Also another on the 2nd but I'm thinkig that's maybe a bit low? What are your thoughts if yo are willing to shae.

Muchas Grasias

Holly

10. Re: Airport to Condos playas gemelas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:20