We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recent dreams visitors

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
recent dreams visitors

is the beach bar and snack shack closed ? hotel told me what was closed and this was not mentioned and the most recent trip report contradicts this.

NJ
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: recent dreams visitors

I saw that also. I was really not worried about the renovations, but the last 5 reviews are not good. They were bad enough to drop Dreams from #3 to #5 in the hotel ratings. They are consistently not flattering at all after a string of good reviews. UGH!! It is so frustrating to read those reviews. Can anyone shed light on the Beach Bar and Snack Shack questions?? Thanks!

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: recent dreams visitors

What I noticed about the last few reviews is that the people were totally surprised by the renovations. I know if I didn't know this ahead of time, I would probably be upset too. You just have to look at what people are complaining about and take that into consideration.

We are headed there the 18-25 and I'm really not worried at all anymore.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: recent dreams visitors

We were there the week of the July 4th, before the renovations had begun, and the beach bar and snack shack were not open. Beach Service was poor. When I asked about this, I was told that it was the off season and they were not open. We stayed in the new tower and it is in great need of renovation.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recent dreams visitors

Dreams went from number 3 to number 5 a few weeks ago, and then back to number 5 again.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: recent dreams visitors

I've seen the last few reviews also. I'm a little worried, but not too much. I agree with the person that said it seems they were taken by surprise.

I'm a little dissapointed to hear that the beach bar and snack shack are closed, but I believe that Dreams will do all they can to make our stay fantastic.

Will be there in in 7 days and I'll write a report when I get back.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recent dreams visitors

I just called the resort direct, and had a co-worker speak to them in Spanish for me. They said that the beach bar and the "snack shack" were both open at this time with no plans to close again.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recent dreams visitors

we just returned from Dreams yesterday.

I did not see a beach snack shack (and I looked for one) If it used to be near the old Seaside Grill it is under renovation. There were no bars open on the beach, but 2 of the 3 pools have bars and are close to the beach- They also have cocktail service to the beach.Some people were going to the World Cafe (buffet) and bringing plates out to the pool/beach.

It is the low season right now, and the resort is not up to full capacity so they may have cut back on some services for now? (like snacks)

Prefered tower, Seaside Grill, Desires Sports bar, and apparently the snack shack are closed. They are offering the menu from the Seaside Grill at other restaurants throughout the week.

Do not let this stop you from going-it is still great. Any other questions please feel free to e-mail me. I will be posting my review soon.

8. Re: recent dreams visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 22:18