We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakefield, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta

Travelling to PV in January with husband and 15 yr old son.

The size of the complex doesn't matter as long as it is nice, clean and on the beach. It would be nice to be able to walk into town. All-inclusive would be ideal.

The whole problem is my husband is not able to just sit and relax...LOL He likes to be on the move really. He's always doing something!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta

Hi, I think the Buenaventura hotel could be good for you. You are around 15 min walk from the Malecon. This hotel has been renovated last year.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta

Does your husband like to take long walks or jog (as in miles) along the beach, play sand volleyball, water volleyball, swim, play with the boogie boards with the waves, take out the jet ski's, go parasailing, workout in a gym and take part in pool activities organized by the entertainment team (just to mention a few of the activities that I can remember)? If so, an All Inclusive in Nuevo would work. Either the Marival or the Riu's (Jalisco, Vallarta, or the new Pacifico opening in November) would be a good choice. We stayed at both the Marival and the Riu Vallarta and our opinion is that you can't go wrong with either. The only down side is the stay requires a taxi or bus to PV but walkable to Bucerias.

Have faith, we've vacationed with people who are on the go and after a few days, they decompress!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,194 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta

The Buenaventura and Hotel Playa Los Arcos are two nice mid-sized, mid-priced, all-inclusive hotels that are walking distance to town.

San Marino is another a little lesser quality but good location (near PLA).

If you stay downtown or on the south-side, not to worry, there's loads of things to get out and see & do nearby.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,180 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta

i stayed at both buenaventura and playa los arcos. we loved both of them. buenaventura has nicer rooms, bigger pool, life size chess game, volleyball pool, but a rocky beach and ocean---easy walk to town.

pla--on the other hand, has the best location on the nicest beach and water in pv--a little less amenities, older. one restaurant, more of a mexican flair to it. we did ai at both. if i had to choose--i would go with pla because i enjoy the ocean more than a pool and it's location. from our area ---it was less expensive, too.

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallarta

All the suggestions so far are good ones.

If you want 2 BR then try a beachfront condo. La Palapa and Vista del Sol both have big balconies. We have rented in La Palapa for five seasons.

We can recommend 304 and 302 there as we know the owners.

SantaFe
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallarta

Just returned from a wonderful family trip to PV--stayed at Plaza Pelicanos--not very ritzy but wonderful clean, comfy beds,good wholesome food, and terrific folks to ensure our vacation was fun and worry-free. I recommend it to anybody. A big shout out to Fernando and the gang!

Hartsong

SantaFe
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Vallarta

Hello Penner-- we just got back from our 4th trip to PV--read my msg as momycinco and don't hesitate to ask me for more info

8. Re: Puerto Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 22:17