We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween at Dreams

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Halloween at Dreams

We arrive with our 2 sons (8 & 9) on Halloween morning at Dreams. In March when we planned the trip the kids were totally psyched about going to PV for Halloween. As it gets closer to Halloween and everyone is talking about costumes and candy the boys are a little sad about not being home for Halloween. Would anyone have any idea if Dreams does anything to celebrate Halloween? We are traveling with my parents and brother-in-law and they told the boys they will have candy for them. But, I was hoping maybe the hotel will do something.

22 days and counting.......

Thanks

Chris

Vermont
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween at Dreams

If you take them into town for Halloween evening, go to the south side (Los Muertos beach area) in costume. The streets are full of kids in Halloween costumes, going to restaurants, cafes, and shops for trick or treat. It is not a Mexican custom, but it has picked up a lot of popularity. Tourists from up north will have bags of candy to give out, too.

Some of the Mexican candies have different flavors and they might not like tamarind, but I am sure they will make out fine. My wife and I will be sharing in the area (Cafe Bohemio, and places along the beach, and on Olas Altas.)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween at Dreams

I agree with Pleasantpalette, we have been to the Olas Altas area several times for Halloween, I think your kids would have a blast hollering out for candy with the local kids.

It is maybe 10 minutes by taxi to get to the south side from Dreams, here's a map.

http://vallarta-info.com/south.html

NJ
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween at Dreams

My only concern is that Halloween is going to be a very long day for us. We will be getting up at 2:00 am to get the airport for a 6:00 am flight. I am not sure how perky we are all going to be by nighttime. It might take all we have to get to dinner and hang out at the hotel in the evening. That is why I was hoping the hotel might do something. Who knows though, maybe we will all get a burst on energy.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween at Dreams

nj chris, on halloween they do have activities i remember seeing a forum on this that said they parade the kids around and hand out candy, also fridays is mexican fiesta nite. see ya there iam arriving on the 31st also. have a great time!!!!!! p.s. ill look for the forum on halloween for ya. dave

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween at Dreams

If you're doing a 6am flight, even with a stopover that would put you in PV at the latest mid afternoon - why not have the kids take a siesta...a late afternoon or early evening nap?

If they nap, they could handle dinner and a night of "queremo Halloween" just fine. It's not like dinner is at 5pm promptly in Vallarta, most restaurants would think you were there for botanas and happy hour if you showed up that early...you're in Mexico, go with the flow. Sunset isn't until almost 7pm and most local kids don't show up for candy until it's dark anyways.

You're on vacation...deep breath and relax! (-;

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween at Dreams

Jenny,

So how long are the kids out and about collecting candy. Here in Oregon because it gets dark early from about 5:30-8:30pm maybe a few around 9:00 but mostly the teenagers. Trying to figure out if I have enough candy.

Thanks

Becki

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween at Dreams

Sunset will be at 6:25 on the 31st, we've seen the kids (and not teens) out looking for candy after 10pm. We usually ran out before 9pm, so bring as much as you can carry.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween at Dreams

Alot of the kids do not get out of school until after 7:00 pm, so they really don't start trick or treating until about 8:30 or so. Take them down to Olas Atlas and they should have a blast - once you get over the fact that they are trick or treating in bars.

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween at Dreams

Thanks Ted.....I love Halloween. Counting my candy this past weekend to make sure I have enough. I have never ran out of candy. Yikes. Sounds like fun.

10. Re: Halloween at Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 22:18