We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Ok, Here is the deal!

I am married to a man that can never break away from work so My daughter, My mom and I vacation together. Usually Cancun and Playa.

BUT this FEB. My Husband, My almost 17yr old Daughter and I will be going to PV for the 1st time.

I usually travel in June after my daughter is out of school but that is his busiest time so we are going in FEB. and we are staying at the Vallarta Palace. We are not the type of folks to just stay at our resort. We love to get out and see/do it all. Try different foods and make some new friends.

What are the crowds like in Mid Feb.?

We love live music and having a great time doing whatever we feel.

I'm so nervous because I hate to fly and this is a very long flight. But I am so excited to see P.V.!!

I've heard that the wether is great in FEB.! Went to Cancun once in FEB, and I froze at night.

Thanks,

EB

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

congatulations on getting your husband to travel with you

february, youll find is somewhat breezy in the evenings but not cold

you have so many options to choose from as far as food goes

look to the left and youll find an icon called restaurants and start looking from the top down

pay particular attention to the reviews which are consistant and you think might be good for all of you

youll find there is a lot of live music , especially traveling bands that move from one place to another and play for tips

depending on how big the bands are the bigger the amount for a song

roughly 50 pesos

if theres an other questions just fire away

bruce

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

"We love live music and having a great time ... "

I would suggest you check out this site before your trip for "what's happening", "where", and "when". It's full of great, up-to-date info on the entertainment, arts, and related scenes in Vallarta.

www.pvscene.com/

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Just know that you're at least 45 min away from Puerto Vallarta and all the restaurants and action.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Is PV packed during this time? I am leaving the Wed. before Presidents Day week. Not sure how many people flock to PV during that time.

THANKS!

EB

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Yes. I know, but we are members of the Palace Resorts so we kinda had to go there. I will be leaving the resort one way or another. I am not too good to hop on a bus and prepare for an adventure.

I just want to get down town and see what P.V. is all about.

My husband has been to Cancun (3times) and he said he is not going back there. He says, he feels like he has not left the country but just went to Miami.

He would rather experience some different culture, people, and scenery.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

You'll be there at the height of the "High Season". Many tourists and crowds in PV. You won't freeze at night, but you may need a sheet or a light blanket on the bed.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Ellabear, I hope your husband won't feel the same about Nuevo Vallarta. There are a lot of large resorts there. It doesn't seem very much like Mexico to me.

The area south of the Cuale River has lots of charm. There are cobblestone streets and great places to eat. Going to the Malecon on Sunday night is always fun.

Valllarta-info is a great site with lots of information. Maybe Johnny2bc will be kind enough to post a link. Or I could, at some point, learn to do that myself.

I don't like to fly, either. That being said, I already have my next flights to PV booked. Have a wonderful trip with your family!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Ellabear .. here's the link to the site spotcat was referring to. "Required reading" for your pre-trip planning!! :-) Just kidding, but lots of good stuff for you and yours to check out before your trip - including restaurant lists, great 'insider tips', and really usable street maps, and the like.

www.vallarta-info.com/

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Thanks Guys

I am flying from Detroit to Phoenix and from Phoenix to PV. Oh man this a lot different than the 3.3 hour flight to Cancun!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st timer just booked!! for FEB> What to expect?

Puerto Vallarta never feels hugely croweded to me, even in the "high season" of winter.

But the live music, "action", etc. are mostly all within the El Centro/downtown area.

As others have mentioned already, you've chosen a resort that is a long ways to the north, not really convenient for the kinds of things you are describing wanting to do.

The weater in February is spectacular, just gorgeous.