We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions/experiences with same.

We will be in PV on Valentine's Day (how do you say VD in Spanish?) and I'm in plan ahead mode as I think that will be a pretty busy restaurant day, being both a Saturday this year and and 'event' day.

Their website makes it appear a lovely location with awesome views. It seems they do a lot of *showmanship* type stuff with presentation and that's fine. It's kinda fun once in awhile. However what is the food like? Is it good? I'm presuming we're looking at 1500 NMP for dinner for two with before dinner drinks, wine with dinner & fancy coffees after dinner. Would I be pretty much in the ballpark here?

Any suggestions for best seating in this restaurant if you've had personal experience? I'm thinking if I'm reserving two months or so ahead, I should be able to have a reasonable pick.

I'll welcome alternative suggestions of course. For those who might suggest TeatroLimon, we will go there another day for sure but I want to *experience Bruce y Julia* on a less frenetic day. :-))

Thanks for any help.

Hasta Holly

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

Having not been overwhelmed with replies, I took my own advice and did a search. I'm just so smart I amaze myself. :-)

What I found was some reviews/info from folks from March 2008 or thereabouts (other stuff too but that was most current). There were some comments about tips being mmm problematical but I've seen those sort of remarks on other threads about other places so guess we can just be heads up about that.

What's confusing for me is the reco's for other places such as something Gonzales, Vista Grill, Las Carmelitas, mmm and I think Barcelona Tapas.

I'm sure we'll be at B. Tapas one night but not thinking this V night is the one. (This is Valentine's and all those stairs, me being a smoker at present . . . well I just don't think that would work ya know? Don't want to be worn out before dinner never mind after.) :-))

Checked out Vista Grill but really (although its pretty close to where we are staying) its not doing it for me either - well at least on their website.

Then there is Las Carmelitas which may be interesting . . . another day but really don't think I want to do the pastoral/chicken goat thing for Valentine's.

So now I'm back to Panorama or Gonzalez. What to do . . . what to do. :-))

Please help me peeps.

Hasta Holly

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

we have been to both Las Carmilitas and El Panorama..I was not impressed with Las Carmilitas at all other than the gorgeous view...food was awful....El Panorama does have a nice view and where we were all tables were by the large glass window so everyone had a great view...I had no complaints at all about our food everyone said their's was good...I'm sure you will need a reservation that day....we did make one a week ahead of time at La Palomas De Gonsalas and when we got there our names were not on the list so when you call get the name of the person you are speakin with....I'm sure you will be happy with El Dorado...there's a few more places with a nice view too...I think one is Felipe's

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

We were just at El Panorama in September for our anniversary and it was very nice. It has an incredible view and the staff really went out of their way to make it a very special evening for us. The only thing that I really remember being any type of "showmanship" was the Mexican Coffee. The food was good as was the service. I think every table there has a good view. There is also a terrace on the top. I don't know if it usually open for dining or not. It was not open when we were there, but it was the rainy season. I would make reservations if you plan on going especially on Valentine's Day. By the time the sun set all of the tables were full. The sunset is incredible by the way. There is also a photographer that will take photos of you at sunset if you wish. I know there are quite a few places around that do that and it can be kind of cheesey but it was a nice way to remember a special evening.

4. Re: Have You Been to El Panorama Restaurant Recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 20:16