We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

I imagine, more than I'd prefer, with present economics we'll be doing this so I'm wondering where might y'all suggest as great take out places?

We'll be Southside but perhaps we shouldn't restrict as this might be a handy reference for all, whether in NV/PV, Hotel Zone or whatever.

Perhaps just reference your post with the area you are familiar with.

Hasta Holly

Vermont
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Here's a list of taco stands:

http://vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

It does not include that group near our apartment, on Constitucion, near the bus stop on Basilio Badillo, which has a large choice of foods, from tacos to goat stew. We loved the last one, with BBQ smoked pork tacos and aguafresca, less than $4.00 US per person. The roasted chicken places have specials from under $5.00 US for a whole chicken, with sides.

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

I have always seen a large selection at the big supermarkets...most of them have a sit down eatery and take out...also there are a lot of rotissiere chicken places with the trimmings...also a lot of pizza places too that have take out so I see no problem with anything to take out also try chinese....

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Rotisseried chickens are a great bargain and delicious! You'll see stands in various places. II like the one outside the exit of Rizo's supermarket on the southside. You get a whole chicken (or 1/2 or 1/4) along with sauce, warm tortillas, grilled peppers, a couple potatoes. VERY inexpensive.

Taco stands. Most are set up to pack to-go on paper plates covered with foil.

Not take-out per se, but I always make some basic meals from shopping at Rizo's or Ley's. Sandwiches on fresh rolls with ham, cheese, tomato, avacado. Salads of tomatoe, avacado canned tuna. Juice boxes, crackers, cookies, nuts, chips. These are all easy to do even if you do not have a kitchen or frig.

Pretty much any restaurant will pack things up to-go ("para llevar") but that wouldn't really be saving any money, if that's the point.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

WE always enjoy Pollo Feliz take out. You get a bit more "sides" than at the straight BBQ stands although we certainly enjoy those also. You can get napkins, plastico-ware also at Feliz for a picnic.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Maria Candelaria tamales are my favorite take home food. It's on the corner of Guadalupe Sanchez and Allende, downtown. You can eat in, maybe five tables. I like to eat one or two tamales at the little restaurant. That helps me decide which ones to take home.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Hi Holly: Virtually any restaurant will do "para llevar" (take-away/takeout).

A great source of info for restaurants, including home-delivery is a freebie called Bay Vallarta. It's usually in hotel lobbies, places that appeal to tourists. (Lots of good other info too)

Greg did a little page on Home Delivery (which includes take-out) but it hasn't been updated since last fall. Havefun.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c70283/Puerto…

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

La Piazzetta on Olas Altas will box up their (delicious) pizzas to go.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,432 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Espresso on I.L. Vallarta delivers pizza and other Italian on the south side.

We've always enjoyed the ribs and chicken from El Torito (also on I.L. Vallarta) on our balcony.

The sticks of shrimp and fish from the mariscos shacks on Playa Los Muertos are tasty and very reasonable.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Welcome back, Teduardo! Hope you had a stellar vacation.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Takeout/Take Home Food ??

Our favorite take home food would be the roasted chicken, along with that we buy limes, cilantro, cheese, fresh deli salsa and freshly made tortillas and go back to the condo and make tacos or quesadillas. We also like to take home tamales too!

Enjoy the many eats that PV has to offer!!