We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for info on condo

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Looking for info on condo

We are looking at a new condo complex this winter for our stay and any feedback will be appreciated. We do not know the name of the complex.The complex is at the corner of Francisca Rodriguez and Pino Suarez two blocks up from the pier. Will it be noisy, congested with traffic and is it safe. Thanks for any feedback.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,718 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for info on condo

I don't know specifically about a new condo complex, but I've stayed at Casa Andrea on that same street. No it is not particularly noisy or congested with traffic. Yes it is safe. It's a great location imo.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for info on condo

That sounds like Loma Del Mar. We've stayed there three times, unit B-11. The condos are privately owned, so how "nice" they are will vary. The complex is safe and well maintained. The entrance is gated and you have to be buzzed in. The pool is lovely and not heavily used. It is noisy, but from the other condos more than the traffic.

The location is great, an easy walk to almost everything the South side offers. It's up a somewhat steep hill. The walk back from the beach got a few complaints from DH, but it's not that bad.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for info on condo

Loma del Mar isn't a new complex. I took your post to mean "new" as in a different condo for you. Sorry if I was mistaken.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for info on condo

From the info we got off the rental listing the complex was just completed this summer. First occupant review was in August 08.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for info on condo

Probably the condos at Selva Romatica. They are pretty new, most are either studios or a two bedroom with two baths. I have friends that own there. It is up a hill but not that hard of a walk- although the newer condos are on the other side, up some steps.

Very nice roof top pool and cabana- not a lot of traffic there since it is in between dead-end roads and up above the street level up there.

One of the nicest complexes in the area.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for info on condo

Sorry for my error. I't definitely not Loma del Mar. Selva Romatica is the newer and nicer-looking complex across the street.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for info on condo

We stayed in a 2 BR condo in selva romantica this time last year. Beautiful complex, but a lot of stairs up and down if you are not used to that. Pool is overlooking the city and unfortunately, the huge new complex that was put up on the waterfront. We could hear the school kids in the morning singing the national anthem. It was very neat. As far as noise goes we could hear bars and partying off in the distance. Didn't really keep us awake. There are stairs down to Basilio Badilio area and a steep downhill to the ocean. All very close and is a great location for walking and exploring the old town. We did a lot of walking and felt very safe everywhere we went. My sister-in-law ventured off on her own in several directions at different times of the day and had no problems. Units are individually furnished by the owners, and so they can differ. Ours was beautiful. Traffic was never a problem for us. Streets are narrow and crowded, but not dangerous for walking (or driving) - we've done both. Have never stayed longer than a week in that area - but have friends that do and they love it there. Good luck.

8. Re: Looking for info on condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:34