We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Have All the Flowers Gone

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Where Have All the Flowers Gone

Just another in my list of rather odd questions noone else seems to ask. :-) :-)

Where are the best places (or the only place) to buy fresh cut flowers? Bright + colorful flowers like Gerbera Daisies or Zinnias &/or tropical stuff like Bird of Paradise + similar. (Not roses and other such mundane items.) :-)

I love flowers and would love to know where to get them in PV if y'all have any suggestions.

Thanks a bunch (How does one say this in Spanish?)

Muchas Gracias

Me Again

Toronto/PV
Level Contributor
297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

I think Soriana has the best selection and best prices for cut flowers, there are 2 stores, one on the main road in from the airport and one close to Cosco (don't know the st. name). Lots of small flower stores in town more expensive.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,660 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

I always buy from a small shop on the south-side & the flower selection is typically: glads, bird of paradise, ginger stems, various mums, roses, yellow or white daisy.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

Gracias Is + Suze,

As I'm not thinking to buy vast quantities, I'll probably buy at Suze's place if she'll be good enuf to give me a bit more info where it would be. I'll surely keep Soriana in mind should I be out that way!

Muchas Gracias to you both,

Hasta Holly

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

The one I like is Flowers to Go on Rodolfo Gomez, by Dee's Coffee- across the street from the San Marino hotel. Maybe the one Suze mentioned?

My favorite flowers are the Casablancas and the Acapulco lilies. They smell fabulous and are beautiful! Just be careful to remove the stamen (the part where the pollen is) as it stains anything it touches.

I also buy flowers at Soriana but they do not always have a lot of variety. Costco usually has some beautiful big bunches of many different flowers for around 89 Pesos to 120 Pesos.

Casablancas:

flowerbud.com/images/…casablanca-oriental.jpg

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

Gracias Brenda. LUV Casa's. Though I didn't know the term Acapulco Lilies until I googled I discovred they are Oriental Lilies. Luv them too. Know about the stamens & TY so much for the store name/location.

As you can likely tell, I like to *nest*. :-)

Hasta Holly

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,660 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

oh yes, I have used the store by Dee's too, it's got nice stuff.

But the one I'm thinking of is inland on maybe V. Carranza or L Cardenas ? Constitution & Insurgentes area. South side of the street. Near-ish the Limon office supply store? It's a small storefront with good selection and prices, been there for years. Very 'old school' florist, local not tourist-aimed shop.

Maybe someone can kindly help with an actual street address, because I should write it down myself since I always have to wander around a bit to find the place!

7. Re: Where Have All the Flowers Gone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 04:18