We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in may

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leicester england
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
weather in may

We are thinking of coming in May 2009. Are there any carnivals etc happening around this time or anything cultural.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,457 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in may

There's "Restaurant Week" during the last two weeks of May. It provides a great opportunity to 'dine around' at some of Vallarta's finest restaurants, and get to sample their fares at prices markedly below their regular menu prices.

Here's a link to what it's all about, and a listing of the restaurants that took part in May '08:

pvmirror.com/ourtaste/204-ourtaste-ing.html

Re: the weather -- the day's are very warm, bright, and long (due to daylight saving time). By about mid-month, or so, they're even warmer (more like hot!!), due to increased humidity entering the picture. For us, mid-April to mid-May is best, we find the latter half of May to be getting a touch warm for our liking.

Cheers!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in may

May is a great time to visit. The temperature is just a few degrees warmer than our winter,which most north americans dont find chilly but the real summer heat hasnt hit and there is a rain free and unpopulated amount of tourist, The spring breakers have gone and there are no major holidays. May is kind of a sleeper mont hdown here.most rates are lower in resorts and you are unlikely to find the typical mid june and summeritme heat and winds. there are always festivals throught the region including the rural areas in the Sierra Madres locations, I would defer to Johnny who knows more about the central area and regional events but I can tell you that May is a great month to visit. Typically outlying areas have,especially in the rural areas where I live more low profile series of local fiestas and carnivals.Its all fun and there are always Mexican Fiestas dontown on thurdsdays and sundays at the Fiesta Iguana Oddly the Cinco the Mayo seems to be a more celebreated holodiay up north but theres always something going on here in Vallarta and May is no exception including Cinco de Mayo.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in may

Johnny,Thanks for reminding me about restaurant week. I am going to make the best of it.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in may

May is a great time of year. It gets a little hotter and a little more humid as the month goes on. Starts in low to mid 80's and goes to mid to high 80's. A few more cloulds in the late afternoon as the month continues.

Still not the busy summer but again more people as the month goes on.

5. Re: weather in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 04:20