We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

california
Level Contributor
468 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

we'll be in PV end of Dec and first week of Jan have never been this time of year (usually spring ad summer) what should we expect? also, is it still humid this time of year?

i'm asking this question as we usually travel to cancun for NYE and i know from past experience the weather averages on the internet are not too correct for this time of year (at least in cancun as it's been MUCH coler last couple of years.)

can't wait to go - just a few more weeks!! :)

thanks!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

it's not that bad, oct / nov is worse.....enjoy!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

Heard the humidity didn't break until mid November this year which is a few weeks later than normal.

So no humidity and temps should still be high 70's or better.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

There's hardly any rain during this time and it's not humid at all. Last year, Jan. was colder than normal but once the sun came out, it was still quite warm.

Enjoy your stay, you'll have fun...

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

You will find the temps must better in PVR as well as the sun will shine all the time, unlike Cancun and the rain and cooler temps. A big advantage to coming to the Pacific side...the weather is beautiful. Come and enjoy!

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

No humidity. Temperature as low as 60 at night. (Last year was 50.) Highs between 78 and 88.

california
Level Contributor
468 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

thanks for the replies hoping for hot sunnhy weather!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,212 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

We love the weather in December and January - warm sunny days with cooler evenings - we will be there from 31st of December until the 15th of January!!! 16 more sleeps to go...can't wait, where are you staying?

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

My hubby and I leave for PV 1/9/09. We always stay at Dreams We usually go the first week in June. I'm really excited to experience the weather this time. Its usually pretty hot and humid when we go in June,but not as bad as Sept. or Oct. So I guess I will have to pack a little different this time. Any suggestions anyone? I never pack long pants or jackets for us. I'm thinking we might need them this time for the early mornings and evenings. Only 24 more days! Jan

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,212 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

hi Jan...yeah, the weather is a bit different in January than it is in June - December and January are my two favorite months to be in PV as it isn't as hot as the summer or early fall months. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.

Last January was a bit cooler than other previous January's but still plenty warm for me coming from cold Minnesota....however, a sweater or light jacket was needed for evenings in the mountains or early morning excursions on the ocean. I never wore slacks, I mostly wear sundresses, skorts and shorts! In fact we are starting to pack now...leaving on December 31st for 16 days.

Enjoy your trip~

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: humidity & weather in Dec & Jan??

loverofpv-Have fun! I did hunt up my shorts today. Looks like we will be in PV at the same time. We head back home on January 14th. Happy Holidays, and I know you'll be starting off the New Year right in PV, Jan