We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Furniture in puerto vallarta

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Furniture in puerto vallarta

Does anyone know any decent furniture stores in puerto vallarta/bucerias area?

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Don't know much of anything about this though I recall previous mention of a store in Sayulita maybe? that has Mex type furniture. I believe it was Friscodana who mentioned it so you might want to to search on her name and check her various messages for that info. As well she may notice this and be able to advise further.

It may help folks to help you if you expand on what type of furniture you might be looking for? For instance is your purpose to furnish a casa/condo you own in PV or are you looking to ship items back to Canada? Do you want Mex type furniture or basic beds/stoves yada?

I will be interested in the replies you receive being a Mex furniture shopper. :-))

Hasta Holly

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

I'm sorry I don't have specific addresses since furniture is nothing I've needed to buy on vacation(!) but yes I've noticed a couple different furniture store in El Centro and the south side.

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

There is a large pine furniture store on the way into Sayulita from Highway 200 on the north side. Good selection and they will do custom too.

On the way into PV there are stores on the west side just as you come off the bridge from NV. Turn in right after the Toyota dealer. There is Dattaglia and then a mall with several shops. Further south, stop at Ventilladores.com by La Junta turnoff and there is another store south of it.

There are shops at Neptune Plaza and across the road as well as directly north of the Agro Gourmet at the Marine Terminal.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Karionbiking, you need to be more specific as to what you're looking for (bed, tables, chairs, sofas, etc.) There are lots of furniture options in all price ranges and styles (rustico, modern, minimalist, designer). Most of the rustico (traditional Mexican) we've bought was semi-custom made. Even if you say "I want that bedside table", you have to pre-order because they stain it to suit.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Thank you everyone.

I am looking for sofa and chairs and dining room furniture. Modern styling and minimalist. I will check all these places out for sure.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

That type of furniture is easy to find. I really like Dettaglio http://www.dettaglio.com.mx/index.htm

(Click on Puerto Vallarta)

It is between the Toyota dealership and the red brick mini-mall just north of the airport. It is squeezed between the two and easy to miss.

There are also many stores that sell that type of furniture on Peru- from Ley's grocery to where the road comes to a "T" on the way to the sports stadium.

Ibiiza right before the PemEx gas station has a lot and you order it via catalog- although they have some in the store.

There is also a store on the way to Costco just past Plaza Caracol in Fluvial.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Thanks BZY. Does Dettaglia have alot of selection in the store or do you have to order by catalogue?

Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
953 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Plaza Las Juntas has a lot of minimalist furniture selections. It is located across from Home Depot area after the airport. They have quite a few stores with nice selections. You can do a turn key service through many of the stores.

Also try Plaza Neptune and walk around their area. Some minimalists looks also. Agree with bzy1 at Dettaglio. Very much like an Ikea store. Good prices also.

Also Manor House at the entrance of the Marina (across from the whale) has a good selection.

The furniture place in Sayulita is Casa Loca. Has beautiful painted pieces. Especially armoires, tables and benches.

Cassiz also has minimalist looks.

Hope that this helps.

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

Dettaglia is a large store and has samples of everything in the catalog. But you will need to order to get your choice of material. 60% deposit at the time of order. The place beside Ventilladores also has good prices.

The plaza next door (Las Juntas) is quite a bit more expensive.

10. Re: Furniture in puerto vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 04:16