We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona tapas ?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona tapas ?

Give me a clue please.Do not want to look like a slob,yet still ce comfortable,so can a guy wear shorts in the eveningwithout feeling out of place. Question 2...any great choices near Fieasta Americana within walking distance for first night.Mexican,or seafood.Wearing shorts.

Thanks

Comox BC
Level Contributor
986 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

You will be comfortable (and respectable) wearing shorts (clean + tidy of course) in most any place in PV/NV or suburbs.

I will leave the Fiesta Americana question to others as I've no idea. Except about the shorts as noted above.

Feliz Navidad

Hasta Holly

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Why walking distance? You can walk out the front door of your resort and get a bus to El Centro and many good restaurants.

San Diego
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Agree nice/casual and you'll be fine at most places. Re walking distance - there is a new place in front of the FA - called La Leche - looks pretty cool - haven't eaten there yet. Menu appears to change daily - all white interior - might want to check that out.

There is also the Peninsula Mall about 5 min walk North of your hotel - there is Theiry's Steak House, a sushi place, Starbuck's, Chili's etc. There are also a couple of newer restaurants at the NH Krystal Hotel - about 10 mins north of your hotel.

Across the street is a shopping plaza - check out the roasted chicken and sides -yummy! Some casual/to go places in the mall as well.

If you walk on the beach North of your hotel to the Holiday Inn there are some red tents near the Venetian project - really good and cheap seafood - quesodillas, tacos, great. Check it out.

The bus is very convenient and can take you to downtown, marina, etc.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
986 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Mmmm - don't think that was the question was it Randy? :-))

Perhaps this person has never been to PV before and he/she doesn't really know the 'lay of the land'. I know a lot about PV from the very extensive reading I've done. I surely don't know everything and cannot advise on restaurants close to Fiesta Americana which is what the request was for. If you do, perhaps you can help with that?

Hasta Holly

Comox BC
Level Contributor
986 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Gracias Spartan. I'm sure your info was a great help. :-))

Feliz Navidad

Hasta Holly

Comox BC
Level Contributor
986 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Okay Bigkid - maybe I just gave myself a clue by looking at the title of your post! What you want to know is where Barcelona Tapas is? Is that correct?

Here is their website:

http://www.barcelonatapas.net/

Here are JR's maps - I'm putting the one here that has FA on it. You can go up and down from there (see bottom and top of each map) so maybe that will help.

http://vallartainfo.com/hotelzone.html

I'm sure someone who knows exactly how to get to BT from Fiesta Am will weigh in and give you more explicit info.

Enjoy yourself!

Hasta Holly

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

In addition to the wonderful chicken take-out places in Plaza Caracol, there is a food court upstairs at the back by the Cinemark. And a family restaurant on the main floor.

There are 3 restaurants in the Fiesta too. And Cafe Chapultapec by their southernmost pool in Los Tules to the south. You can walk through their grounds from the pool area of your hotel. After the hell of travelling, these are often the most relaxing choices.

los angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

Thanks for all of your Quick replies.no pants this trip,a true vacation.In answering a question up top.After a day of traveling wuold just like to walk thr first night.We have all week for the rest of the city.

Anyone else with Ideas outside thr F.A ?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
531 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

I'd like to know this too. We stay at Fiesta Americana and I've never really seen anything nearby that made me want to eat there. The hotel restaurant has a buffet every night and we usually dine there the first night and sit outside by the pool. The food is okay and there is a big selection. It is relaxing. The breakfast buffet is great, we usually do that once as well. We've never tried the other restaurants. If you walk across the street there are little restaurants in and out of the mall. We had lunch at one of the little outdoor cafes and it was tasty, nothing memorable. We do love to hit the inexpensive bakery in the back of the grocery store for sweets to go with our coffee in the morning. There is also a kiosk in the mall that makes hot chocolate to die for!

10. Re: Barcelona tapas ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:21