We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Locations on Southside??

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
ATM Locations on Southside??

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the locations of the ATM's on the Southside? I'd like to mark them on my (JR's) map. Nothing much happens without $$'s and I really am not anxious to stand in line with a kajillion others at the airport. We'll take some Pesos with us and then will just get more at close ATM locations.

Muchas Gracias

Holly

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

There is a Banorte that I use most of the time on Olas Altas just south of Daiquiri Dick's with three air-conditioned ATM booths and I believe another ATM inside.

I also use the one at Rizo's, it is by the exit so if you need money for shopping there go in the exit first and get it then go back to the entrance.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

Ted, that's a Bancomer Bank at that location - right? It's popular, and almost next store to my favourite liquor store (La Playa) in the south side!!

There's also an ATM booth, to the south of that location, also on the west side of Olas Altas, near the corner with F. Rodriquez (with a pizza restaurant behind, and timeshare 'hut' beside it).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

Just note that the ATM on Olas Altas/F. Rodriguez is bank affiliated but a "stand alone" unit - so if your ATM card happens to be the one in a million that gets eaten, it's harder to get it back.

Easier to get it back from an ATM attached to the bank - just take your ID in the next morning and they'll retrieve it for you.

(this isn't to scare you, just an FYI for those like me who use ATMs on vacation in Vallarta...besides, the A/C in the ones off the park is marvelous on a humid day, I won't lie LOL)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

Thanks John, you are correct, I always get those bank names mixed up.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

Heh Ted, no big thing -- just wanted to clarify the name just in case the bank has an affiliation with one the poster uses 'at home'.

To the original poster, there is a Banorte Bank not that far away - downtown, on the Malecon, and the ATM there is a "swipe type" machine, so it can't swallow your card!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

If it gets eaten, you'll need a passport as ID to get it back the next day.

There's also a Banamex ATM in Farmacia Guadalajara, a push in - pull out type, no risk of being eaten.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,286 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

I most often use the ATM just off the sidewalk on Olas Altas, north of B. Badillo, water side of the street (before La Playa).

If I'm ambitious or happen to think about it, then I use the Santanders up at teh plaza near the bridge because there's no fee there for BoA accounts.

8. Re: ATM Locations on Southside??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 08:18