We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Emerson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

Can anyone tell me what food choices are available for children at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta. We are planning to visit with a large group with children in range from 4 yrs. to 17 yrs. Do they offer the usual fare for kids, for example chicken fingers, fries, pizza etc. Do they offer a buffet for lunch and dinner or are all meals a la carte? Are there snacks available during the day? Thanks in advance for your help. The resort looks great and we are sooo excited!

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

Dreams is fantastic and yes there are plenty of childrens food choices. We have had our grandson (15)with us several times when we have been to Dreams and he always enjoyed the food at the buffet. Some ninights he ate at the buffet than stayed in the room while the adults went to dinner at one of the resturants. Or even room service will offer great food for the kids. With such a wide age range maybe one or the older kids can stay with the younger ones during dinner.

Enjoy Dreams.....we are back for the 6th time in September.

Molly

Emerson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

Thank you so much, the info really helps.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

They have the buffet open for breakfast,lunch & dinner as well as well as the a la carte restaurants for lunch and dinner.(no children at Portofino) At the buffet they had a section especially for younger kids with most of the foods you mentioned and more.I did see a few kids with snacks by the pool, but Im not sure where they got them as I didnt see a snack shack (like they have at Dreams Cancun)Maybe you just order from the server who makes the rounds? You made a great choice-all of you will have fun.

also, were you aware Dreams has a great kids club too?

nj
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

thanks,I did read up on the kids club, it looks great. We are 6 couples all with children. Personally my 9 year old is very excited about the kids club activities. We have traveled to other all-inclusives in the past and she enjoys meeting new friends, usually from around the world, and doing new things. I was concerned about the buffet thing, I thougt I had read a post that the buffet was only at breakfast, we do enjoy dining without the kids sometimes and feeding them early at the buffet, so it is nice to know we will have an option.

hughson, ca
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

we spent a week at the dreams with a 6 & 11 year old there loved the food. the hole idea of all inclusive was new to us and we loved it. there are lots to chose from in the restaurans. and the buffet could more than keep them happy all week. great french toast for breakfast. do not stress about feeding you kids. they will love it! we also order room service one night. the menu is fairly limited but they loved hwat they ordered. have a great time at dreams. it was a week in paradise for our family of 4!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

We went to Dreams in November with our 9 year old sons. They never had any trouble finding something to eat. Breakfast is the typical AI buffet, eggs, cereal, waffles etc. We always ate lunch at the buffet. They had pasta, pizza, fries, and chicken fingers. They offered a kids menu at the ala carte restaurants that had grilled cheese, pasta, burgers, chicken fingers, pizza and fish. One of our boys ate off the adult menu most of the time. That was fine also, they did not have to eat of the kids menu. They also stayed with the Kids Club for Dinner one night and they all ordered off the Room Service menu and they had it delivered to the Kids Club. That was great for an Adults Night out. They really did not have "snack's" available all day. But, there was always fruit in the lobby. They also have some theme buffets which offer a variety of food choices. We were there for Halloween and they had a great party. They also had Monday Night Football on the beach and served drinks and snacks right on the beach. That was awesome. My boys loved that. You'll have a great time. We go away during NJ Teacher Conventions week every year. We have never repeated an All Inclusive before but we are seriously tempted to go back again this year. It was a great resort. Have fun!

7. Re: Children's food choices at Dreams Puerto Vallarta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 05:23