We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallerta in September

NYC
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Vallerta in September

Hey all. I am trying to put together a trip for Puerto Vallerts in September 09 and notice that the rainy season ends around October. Has anyone travelled there during September, if so what has been your experience? Any info would be helpful. Thinking of staying at the Westin Resort and Spa.

Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

August and September are statistically the wettest months of the year.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

We were in PVR this past September. It rained two of the six days we were there, but, upon speaking with our local friends understood it had rained more than usual. It will be hot & humid with some precip I would imagine. We are visiting again on Monday and then probably returning in September as well. I've not stayed at the Westin, but, it's a beautiful resort in the Marina area. Have a great trip!

illinois
Level Contributor
553 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

Don't know about Sept. but first 2 weeks of Nov. last year were very hot (only l day rain). When I say hot during the day it was tough walking without serious sweat in the pm. We stayed part of the time at Casa Andrea and part at Westin. Westin was very pretty but quite large and loud at all hours. If you are there it is a block walk to Victor's at the marina. Enjoy.

NYC
Level Contributor
32 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

Thanks all for the quick response!!! Happy travels.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

My partner and I always travel to PV in September. Yes it is the rainy season but in our experience it only rained at night, the days were hot and beautiful. We have been there several times, always in September. We are going back this September for two weeks leaving Vancouver on the 5th. As well, if your going to be there on the 16th it is Mexican Independance Day, big celebration. Enjoy and don't worry about the weather.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,878 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

We were there last year from 9/27 to 10/12. It's very hot and humid but as others have said, the rain starts in the evening.

Half of the 15 days we were there, it didn't rain at all but was overcast/drippy/damp much of the day. When it did rain, the rain began between 5pm and 8pm and was very dramatic, to the point where we were in awe. Sometimes we saw and heard electric storms that were so stunning, it made us gasp.

We also stayed at the Westin ---- on the 10th floor. Watching that weather over the bay, was amazing.

You're very fortunate going during that time as the Westin hosts the baby sea turtle releases. There is a hatchery on site.

Enjoy. We loved it at the Westin during that period.

7. Re: Puerto Vallerta in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:18