We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Velas Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jul
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Velas Vallarta

Would appreciate any info about this resort. How are the rooms? We are staying in a 2 bedroom with the AI. Is the food good, and what is the beach like. Is there other beaches that are better?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Velas Vallarta

Hi! We have stayed here several times & we just love it there. It is one of the few places in PV that have awesome beds! Down comfortors, mattress covers, very nice. The grounds are beautiful!! The staff is great also. Huge pool that interconnects through out the grounds. Rooms are really nice, they were remodeling alot of them last November when we were there. The restruants are good. One nice one that you need reservations for & another one by the beach. Lots to choose from. Be sure & go walk around the marina which is close by & also have great places to eat. You made a good choice, but be sure & eat elsewhere in PV as there are so many good restruants. I'll be there 2 months from today!!

Edwardsburg...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Velas Vallarta

We stayed there in October 2003. It was just awesome...the pool, staff, outside activities. They were remodeling rooms when we were there, you will love them remodel. We also stayed in a 2BR. The beach was also great for body surfing and sun bathing!

Modesto, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Velas Vallarta

My husand daughter and I stayed at this resort in 2003. I loved it. The grounds are beautiful, and the pool is great. Cannot help with the food since we ate most of our meals at the marina and downtown. The beach is okay. When we were there (August), there was a problem with seaweed, which was cleaned up each morning by the hotel. The beach has a slope at the water, so if you have small children this might be a problem. The river is close and would cloud the water at times. This might be seasonal, perhaps one of the PV Local Experts can comment on this. You might want to consider a trip to Yelapa or even Las Animas. Las Animas has a fine white sand beach, you can sit at one of the restauants (on the beach) and there also is a place to snorkel. Reinarubia commented on Yelapa on another thread? I guess that's the word..She had great info. Have fun, would love to be going again soon, but have Hawaii to do this time.