We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

We are thinking about staying at Dreams PV in July and I wanted to know if this is a resort you would recommend.

I know it's an older hotel so I wanted to know if the rooms were nice? What about food, service, spa, beach? Any info would be appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d481596…

Don't forget to review the photos tab on that page as well, over 1800 pics.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

Oh, and ignore the second review down - seems somebody decided while staying somewhere else after buying a day pass at this hotel that "AI isn't for them", so they gave the resort a lousy review.

It's people like that who drive me nuts...how is it the resort's fault that you decide you don't like all inclusive? Why is that somehow worthy of a bashing?

Sheesh...

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

I have stayed at Dreams (south of town) twice in the last 6 months and I highly recommend it with no hesitation. Please read through the reviews (ignoring the one from the poster who was there on a day pass) and you will see the last 3-4 reveiews are extremely positive. I have nothing but good things to say as well. Dreams is the best AI for location (5 min by cab to town) beautiful, lush surroundings, quality of food, service, and most important to me, quality of the beach. It is clean, private, and swimmable. The rooms in the older unrenovated tower are very nice and would hesitate to stay there again. Stayed in the newer renovated tower in January. Rooms are very nice but not sure if I would spend the extra money next time. But if you must have very updated, luxurious furnishings then go for a room in the preferred tower. Dreams is the best...try it!

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

Thanks I have read most of the reviews. I didn't read anything about the pools. Are they nice and is there an adult pool?

Calgary
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

I stayed there for the last two years in a row and I am going back in December. I absolutely love Dreams PV and I don't think there would be any resorts that even compare to it in PV, Nuevo maybe. The food is fabulous, staff wonderful, and its beautiful there! The pools are not as big as they could be, but they have three and I know one is adult only for sure. Two out of the three are not heated, but in July I don't think it matters. Oh, and the entertainment was also really good. Each night they have an intinerary for the next day so you can plan all your activities from turtle release, to fiesta night, rock and roll night ect. I also miss their sublock it smells yummy.

I can't wait to go back.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
934 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

We will be returning to Dreams for our 8th stay in May. We love it. Read my review written on Sept 30, 08. We were also there this past December. Just remember: Dreams can't control the rain and humid weather in July.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

The pools were not the huge grand pools of Nuevo or Mayan side BUT they got one just as cool, wet and refreshed as those massive pool do :) One thing I would say they should swithc is the lounge covers some were ripped almost apart.

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

"But if you must have very updated, luxurious furnishings then go for a room in the preferred tower."

I wondered if it was worth the money to stay on the renovated side or not. The newer side is alot more expsensive and I don't think it's worh spending the money. Besides if I read correctly all the rooms even the older rooms have ocean view.

Do they have a elevator on the older side? Which floor would you recommend? Do all of the rooms have a balcony?

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

If the difference in price is an issue I would definitely NOT spend the extra money for the preferred tower. As far as location, view, elevators, etc they are exactly the same (yes, there are elevators in the older tower). In fact I liked my view from the older tower (6th floor with balcony) better than the view we had in the perferred tower this past January (8th floor). All the rooms have 100% ocean view but the lower floors' view would be blocked by all the palm trees and foliage. There are only 3-4 balconies per floor in the old tower so you must request ahead of time and again when you arrive but there are not guarentees. We just asked at check in and got a great 6th floor room with balcony. If in the older tower just try to be above the 4th floor so you have a better view. Even if you don't have a balcony you will have floor to ceiling windows that slide open so the view is amazing. The rooms in the older tower are not as high end and luxurious as in the new tower since the newer rooms were just completely redone but they are very nice, roomy and clean. And how much time do you spend in your room? We didn't use any of the amenities or perks of the newer room so I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as the pools go, as others have said thy are not the spectacular, huge pools you see at the newer maga resorts. They are just pools. One is adult only and is very close to the ocean and a little bar. But you don't go to Dreams for the pools, you go to swim in the ocean at their incredible beach and to enjoy the beautiful lush grounds that are only 5 min. by cab to downtown.

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Puerto Vallarta questions

Thanks for answering. I have one other question. Would I need to get up early to "reserve" a chair at the pool or beach? I've read reviews saying that the towel game was going on at this resort.