We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i'm so sad

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
i'm so sad

i know this is a travel forum but my best friend's son died of cancer today--- he was 29--her husband died 2 years ago from cancer---sorry---but i needed to unload--i have been crying all day---thx

Washington State
Level Contributor
852 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i'm so sad

Oh, Im so sorry for your loss. Cancer is such a terrible thing. My prayers go to you and your friend.

Debbie

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i'm so sad

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a child. Your friend must be devastaed! It would break my heart, as would losing my DH.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i'm so sad

Very sorry to hear of your and their loss. It shows what is important in life.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i'm so sad

I feel for you. I found out three days ago that my best friend has terminal and inoperable liver cancer. I'm not having much success in dealing with this either.

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i'm so sad

I think it is lovely that you reached out to perfect strangers for support. It doesn't matter if it is a travel forum or not -- it is a place people come for help. I hope you will be okay and the family of the boy who died as well.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i'm so sad

thx to all of you and my pm's--it's gonna be tough but knowing that strangers care(although i can hardly call you strangers) means a great deal

New Jersey
Level Contributor
92 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i'm so sad

Please accept my sincerest condolences. The loss of a loved one is tough to bear. I hope you remember what was great about him and his life during this time. He is at peace which is sometimes better than remaining on earth. Hold onto God during this time because He grieves as we grieve. Take care and be blessed.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i'm so sad

Peace be with you.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i'm so sad

I totally understand your pain. I lost my mom to cancer last May and it was a difficult time, moreso leading up to it as I was here and she was in ND and I felt so guilty not being by her side. Luckily I got up there to spend the last couple of days with her.

I still miss her but the pain goes away slowly, replaced by wonderful memories and some bittersweet moments. This is a reminder that life is short so each day should be lived to the fullest as we never know what tomorrow will bring.

Take care of yourself and be good to those around you.

Swift Current, Sask
Level Contributor
118 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: i'm so sad

Our deepest sympathy. Lost my father in law to cancer. You are in our prayers.