We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams

I have finally figured it out. I am goin to booking Nov.13-27 at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. And we are doing the all-inclusive. Does anybody have any advice about the hotel? What room or areas to request? Or any other advice about the hotel or area?

Thanks all!

J

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams

you made a great choice with Dreams. Most all rooms are good. They all have ocean view, however some lower floors in the Dreams (old) tower may have restricted views because of plants/trees.If you have not been to PV before I rec you take a city tour that one of the local tour companies offer (there is an onsite tour co at Dreams) Even though the employees go above and beyond for everyone, I rec that you take some $1 bills for tipping- you will see that they much deserve it.

Dreams is exclusively all inclusive, so you dont have to wear wristbands like you do at most other resorts.No reservations needed for restaurants either. Occasionally they have a short wait but will issue you a pager.

Make sure to set time aside at least once to watch the amazing sunset ( maybe on a lounge chair on the beach with drink in hand?) Feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams

As the OP is from Canada, I would recommend not using USD for tipping, but using pesos and exchanging for them directly from your Cdn. money.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams

Good advice Jenny....personally I feel that all currancy used should be that of whatever country you are in.

Imagine if someone tried to pay a bill or tip using pesos in Seattle??? Wouldn't go over very well would it >;D

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
reno
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams

I just booked Dreams for the second week of October. I have never been but done a ton of research. There are two towers at the hotel. One is the deluxe rooms (older) and one is the suites (newer). From what I understand it is worth if for the extra money to stay in the newer. I booked on Orbitz and got the Preferred Junior Suite with Jacuzzi. With tickets from Reno and 7 nights there it was just under 2k. Another poster told me about the promotion code "entertain200" which saves you $200 at Orbitz if you are staying at least 6 nights. Also I will request a King Size bed and a room above floor 2 for the view. I will do a trip report when we return on Oct 13th or so and let you know any other tips I found out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams

Thanks all!! So the newer tower has the all Junior Suites? And some with jacuzzi?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams

Yes, the newer tower has all the JS and some with jacuzzi tubs on the balcony. But you have to book a jacuzzi JS, they are a tad more expensive.

Just FYI, the new tower with the JS was just completely renovated the end of last year and the rooms are stunning. Check out the photos here on TA.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams

PVJEN & Quincy - to each his/her own on the currency- we visit mexico a few time a year and have asked the locals we befriend if they prefer pesos or dollars and have been told more often than not they want dollars-they dont have any trouble exchanging them-they usually just spend them and come out ahead (as the rate is currently 13.08.) our kids have fun saving dollar bills throughout the year to be used on our trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams

dacarr...it's not really about to each or her own, the OP is from Canada and not the US - why would they buy foreign currency to tip if it wasn't the foreign currency from where they are traveling?

We have our own money up here, that exchanges perfectly well everywhere in PV. So IMO, the OP would be best served using our own home currency to exchange, and use pesos to tip, without bringing a secondary foreign currency into the mix and losing on the exchange.

It's sound advice.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams

I stay by what I say about using pesos.for me it is a sign of respect to use whatever the currancy is in whatever country I am.....Again let me ask you if you think Mexicans (or Canadians) would be able to use pesos or Canadian currancy in Seattle??. No I didn't think so.....

Many of those workers work long hours and don't have time to make it to the bank to exchange USD to pesos...IF they can find a bank willing to exchange USD to pesos.

Keysor you picked a great resort :) Read my review on it and know that I want to go back soon :)

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams

OK PV- my bad- I did not orig notice that the Op was from Canada.