We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I had to open my big mouth...

mn
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I had to open my big mouth...

and say several times on this board that it's tough to get sick in PV...so of course I am sitting here in our condo, sick in PV.

It's not *horrible*, mind you, but considering I've only had a few meals here and only TWO drinks in the past 2.5 days, I'm feeling ripped off! At least I am on the condo balcony in between bathroom trips, enjoying the sounds of the fun on the beach. ;)

So now that I am sick, any magic remedies for a bit of touristas? So far I've been drinking lots of water and am still taking acidophillus, but am afraid to eat/drink much of anything else lest I aggravate it...

Thanks, TAers!

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

hang in there - and sure hope you feel better -

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Yeah....you could be here.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

papaya

papaya

and more papaya

Papaya helps treat heartburn, stomach distress, diarrhea, ulcers and even Montezuma's revenge

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,503 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Try a little Squirt or Gatorade - above and beyond water you need to replace lost electrolytes and sugars your body has been ridding itself of along with the bug.

I always let the Squirt go a little flat, but still slightly bubbly...the bubbles soothe. Gatorade will replace lost electrolytes and salt/sugar.

Beyond that, keep eating - even if it is just crackers and some fruit. I know it's tough but you need to keep eating.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Sorry, had to laugh when another poster recommended "Squirt"!

But seriously, if you have a pharmacy nearby, you can ask what they recommend & get the prescription without a scrip. And it will probably be very inexpensive, too.

Good luck,

SeaBass

The Rockies
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Get some Imodium ( loperamide HCL )at the farmicia. That usually plugs the plumbing for me.

I DON"T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Get some Gatorade, some fresh papaya (wash it well, dry it, cut it up, eat) - also bananas, plain white rice and some Yakult. Yakult is a pro-biotic drink, it's in a little plastic bottle with a red foil top, sold by the yogurt. It's sold everywhere.

The papaya is full of fiber and natural enzymes and will help the intestinal tract, along with the other things.

DO NOT take Immodium!!!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

i got sick almost every day when i was in PV last.

but i think it was probably the tequila :)

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

Cabo:

Still on about the tequila? By the way my local grog shop got some Cazadores in.

Saint James, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I had to open my big mouth...

byz1 - Why no Imodium?