We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Prefer Program

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I Prefer Program

We are considering going to the Dreams Puerto Vallarta for a vacation this upcoming fall and I am doing some research before we book. I am a member of the I Prefer Guest Benefit Program and I wonder if anyone on the boards is as well and if you received any perks from Dreams because of it. Also, I know at most hotels in the program you do not have to let the hotel know prior to you arriving but I thought it might be different since it is an all inclusive. Anyone that has had any experience and willing to share would be appreciated. Thanks

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Prefer Program

I heard about this program after I got back and think it is like many of the other Hotel loyalties programs out there.

I think you might get a free upgrade if one is available....I am sure it would be small such as if you were booked in the older tower in a lower end room you would be upgraded to the next level but in the same tower.....

I am a gold member of Starwood and depending on how full the hotel is depends on the upgrades.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Prefer Program

We used our membership in I Prefer at Dreams Puerto Vallarta last May and got free internet access. They are quite pricey. I would not have used it otherwise, so it was nice not to have to come home to hundreds of emails. Did not have to advise them of membership prior to arrival. They were kind of weird about it though, kept asking me when I got my membership card. We also used it at Dreams Cancun 2 years ago and got a room upgrade. I think the perks change from time to time and property too. Have fun.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Prefer Program

We will be returning to Dreams on May 4 for our 8th time. We used "I Prefer" to book this coming stay. I don't know if we will receive any upgrades or not. We are supposed to recieved $200.00 in spa credit.

We used "I prefer" for one trip last fall and it didn't seemed to make any difference. We received no upgrades or extras. I will let you know if we do this time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Prefer Program

Thanks so much for the information. It seems to vary depending on where you go and who you talk to (not a suprise). If anyone goes in the future and has an update please feel free to PM me with info.

Thanks!

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
630 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I Prefer Program

Officially Dreams does not apply the benefits of the IPrefer card unless you book directly with the resort(no travel agents/expedia/travelocity etc..)

We have used our card at several Dreams resorts unofficially(we didnt book direct) and most of the time received upgrades. It depends on rooms avail as well as the willingness of the person helping you. It sure doesnt hurt to ask.

At the Beach
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I Prefer Program

I get emails from the IPrefer program and it seems that different hotels have different perks during specific times. Sometimes they will list a few hotels that have a spa bonus for a certain time frame, or other discounts.

As for the room upgrades, my understanding is that they allow only a few upgrades at a time if they are available. I would certainly pull out my card and ask.

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I Prefer Program

I booked through a TA and contacted Iprefer to find out... They responded and said that members are entitled to their benefits regardless of how they booked.. we shall see upon arrival. For me, I am shooting for the free internet :)

Johnsburg, IL
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I Prefer Program

What is this "I Prefer" program? I'd love to have it just to be able to have free internet. We stay downtown Chicago often and would love to have it since some hotels charge $10 a day for it. We've been lucky being able to hook into someone elses unsecured internet but then the computer usually has to sit on the window in the bedroom. We usually stay at Embassy Suites and they charge at least $10 a night!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I Prefer Program

Internet service in PV is not expensive if it is outside of the hotel. Many internet cafes charge about $1 USD per hour. Some hotels have free internet service and if you have you own computer, there are hot spot around town. An example is outside Chili's eatery in the Peninsula Plaza.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I Prefer Program

pmm2811: The I Prefer Program is a guest loyalty program for hotels within the Preferred Hotel Group. This isn't an all encompassing umbrella like Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood... but rather smaller chains or independent hotels that all have the same level of service. You can see a list of the different hotels worldwide here: preferredhotels.com/preferred_hotel/index.as…

If you are staying at the Embassy Suites a lot you probably know that they are affiliated with Hilton and you can get Hilton Honors Points with them. I don't believe that free internet is one of the benefits but I do know you can turn the points in for free nights, upgrades, and even airlines.